cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Snow White and the Ten Days


When Abbey was potty training her goal was to fill a page with stickers and get a Snow White dress. She's never seen any Disney movies but did bump into Snow White herself on our trip to Disneyland for her 3rd birthday, and she has never stopped talking about it. We were at an exhibit in California Adventure and looked up to see Snow White standing shoulder to shoulder with us. She said hello and then ran away but that moment made a huge impression on Abbey. Anyway, the first Snow White dress we got at Target fell apart the first day (we put it on in the store before we even paid for it). The second dress that we got at ToysRUs has been fabulous.
She wears it all the time. This picture is from a baby shower we went to yesterday. She loves it when people say "Hi Snow White". She wants me to get a Sleeping Beauty dress (because as she says, I always go pee-pee in the potty) and dress up a long with her.

Two funny things about Miss Abbey. 1) She always "takes notes" on everything. For example if she is working on a puzzle she will say, "Just a minute, I've got to write this down!", and run over to another table with a little note pad and pen and write some things down (scribbles) and then go work some more and then run to make more notes about what she's done. 2) She tapes notes she's made anywhere I will let her. Especially before nap she needs to make little signs and tape them on to her special things telling people, "Nobody touch this" or "Don't move this". Where she gets all this I do not know, but nobody better mess with her things because she comes back to check on it all later. Her most important things get hidden in her play refrigerator.

And we have ten days until we leave. There is no way I can explain what this has been like, but suffice it to say - not easy. We have had lots of support and help though, which we greatly appreciate. I am waking up each day at about 3:30 a.m. and have just decided to start my day then, otherwise my mind can't stop with the mental lists. Our home now looks like the Who house after the Grinch has stripped everything. Please pray that it will lease and that we will get everything important done. God is building up my faith and helping me overcome my fears. Of course Abbey makes everything fun and the delight of spending time with her is the joy of each day.

20 Comments:

  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    You do bear a striking resemblance to Sleeping Beauty, so I say you should get the dress! Abbey makes a very pretty Snow White.

    Ten days? Wow! I will keep you in my prayers.

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    Abbey is a gorgeous little Snow White!

    I am praying for you, and especially for a safe and easier flight to China. (I think I remember that you were quite sick on the flight the first time.) Be well!

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Abbey does make the cutest little Snow White ever!!! I am so excited for you guys as you are about to start this next amazing journey! Have a great week!

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Cherith said…

    I will be praying for you.

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Mendy said…

    What a beautiful Snow White. Praying for you and Abbey! Hugs from Florida

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    I can't believe you're leaving so soon! Abbey is a beautiful Snow White!

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    Abbey is the prettiest Snow White I have seen!!

    You are both in my prayers... God has GREAT plans for you!!

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Terynn said…

    Phil. 1:6

    "...being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ..."

    Lord Jesus, please bring the perfect person to lease Christie's home. We acknowledge that You are the author of all chapters of Christie and Abbey's life, especially this one. We look forward the exciting plot twists and cliff hangers (we, the readers do, anyway).lol Please bless Christie with PEACE and FAITH and TRUST. Bless her for her faithfulness...

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Global Girl said…

    You CAN do it :)

    We are loving China, and having no problem with blogger. Hoping to see you on the 28th. We will be in touch!

    -Kate

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    She is just so beautiful! What a lovely child!!

    I'm so glad you have help in getting organized. What an incredible adventure you two are going to have!! The two of you will remain in our thoughts and prayers.

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    HOLY CRAP! What I've missed from being awol with surgery! You're moving to CHINA? Is this permanent or temporary? OMG WOMAN, email or call PLEASE! I am sitting here SHOCKED & EXCITED ALL IN ONE!

    -Amy & Ruby Cate

    *hugs*

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger Nina said…

    Everything will work out!! It's meant to be...

    And Abbey looks adorable, as always!

    I'm so excited for both of you!!

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm curious if you will continue your blog while you are in China, because if I remember correctly Blogger is banned there.

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger M3 said…

    Ok, that is the cutest little Snow White I've ever seen. Little honey.

    Best wishes on the move, I CANNOT believe it's happening in 10 days!

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You and Abbey both know how much I will miss you...but...I know that God has great and wonderful things in mind for you in China! I will pray the Armor of God (Eph 6) each and every morning for you and Abbey. Like everyone else said she surely is the most lovely Snow White ever! Lots of Love and Prayers! Teacher Mary (writing from work-forgot my google password!)

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Marcy said…

    Oh my...I haven't been keeping up with your blog and imagine my surprise!!! How wonderful! What a neat, neat thing you are able to do and it is something that I don't think you will regret. What an opportunity for you and for Abby. Hope that it is all a smooth transition. Praying that you and Ms. Abby have a safe trip. May God bless!

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger k1 said…

    Well, you are now in China. I hope you have an absolutely amazing year there.

    May God continue to bless you with health and happiness and new experiences.

    Hugs to Abbey and you both.

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Wishing you and A. all the best on your latest adventure! What a wonderful opportunity for you both!

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Elise said…

    She makes the perfect Snow White! You and Abbey are in my prayers and I hope this year in China is just the most amazing time ever!

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Anonymous hair accessories said…

    Your Abbey is really cute with her Snow White costume and red hair bows. When I was a child, I didn't experience to wear any kind of Disney Character costume. How sad! LOL :), but I love watching Disney movies. Disney princesses are really beautiful with their gowns, just like your Abbey. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home