cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Friday, July 04, 2008

More Red Thread


Taking a brief moment from the mountain of "to do's" to catch my breath. This is quite a mountain I am attempting to climb with the impending move to China in 19 days, but I find comfort in the thought that it is not as daunting as the adoption or the medical battle I went through to get Abbey. I wanted to share a red thread story with you. Somewhere back along our way I met a friendly lady named Paulette who was starting down the adoption pathway. We shared a common career of teaching, the plan to adopt as single moms, and best of all our faith in God. We communicated through emails and blogs and were eventually were able to spend a day together when Paulette traveled to our area. Abbey loved her day with Paulette and so did I. We were thrilled when she received her referral and I was amazed to learn that the child she was matched with was at the orphanage that the school and foundation I am going to work with is involved in serving. There's more that I won't say yet, but her daughter Annalise now has some special friends watching over her. When Paulette shared her news with me she had no idea that I was moving to China, much less to be working with her daughter's orphanage, as I had told no one in blogdom of my plans yet. Out of all the orphanages in China, her daughter was at our destination. To top it off we are traveling at the same time and as we finish our first week in China we hope to have Paulette and Annalise as our first house guests. We could have never imagined when we last met the path that would be unfolding before us.

18 Comments:

  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Oh, my goodness! That's wonderful and amazing! How fun is that?

    Paulette is so dear. I know your time together will be great.

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God's hand is so clearly upon your life it amazes me to watch it all unfold. I got chills all over reading this story.
    (maybe someone else is waiting for you in china :)

     
  • At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ps forgot to write my name that was from me Kimberley (& Tuesday)

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    God's Hand is evident in so many things -- what a blessing that you can recognize that!

    I cannot wait to follow your journey to China. What an incredible opportunity you and Abbey will have there. Catch all the sun you can now, 'cause it's h-a-a-z-y in Guangdong right now!

    I'll email you (guide) Kelly's email address when I find it in the mountains of luggage I have yet to go through!

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Paulette said…

    Kristi

    I will never forget the day I found your blog and felt a connection to you and you’re soon to be little Abbey. God placed you in my life to help me though this long adoption process but who would know, only God that our paths were going to be so connected. We are so blessed to have a connection in Shenzhen and a special friend visiting Annalise these days. It still gives me chills to think that we will be in China together with our little girls in our arms.

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Teacher Mary said…

    What an awesome God we serve that He can put things together the way He does! It is unbelievable what He can do! Keep your eyes fixed on Him as you are in the final stretch of leaving for China! He is all you need ever!

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger ~ Alison said…

    I just read Paulette's post & realized that you're going to the town where Mali is from . . . she was at the Bao'an SWI.

    We're SO super excited to follow your journey. What an amazing opportunity!

    *hugs*

    ~Alison & Mali, too
    (also a spec ed teacher!)

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Linette said…

    That is so amazing...God is so great! His hand is definitely in your plans to return to China. Thank you for sharing with us! :)

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger Special K said…

    First of all, congratulations on this amazing opportunity you've been given. It sounds like quite an adventure and I can't wait to watch it unfold for you and Abbey.

    Second, all I can say is wow!! The connection with Paulette and now her daughter, too. There are just no words to explain how wonderful that is.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    What an incredible story...life does not hold coincidence.

    Thank you for sharing with us.

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Julie and Steve said…

    Wow - I think the adventure you and Abbey are going to have in China will be amazing! Can't wait to follow along.

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Angel said…

    Absolutely amazing!

     
  • At 1:02 AM, Blogger Lindiana Jones said…

    I love the way the Lord works! The scarlet thread of His love for us is woven throughout the pages of His word...the Chinese red thread legend of people being connected long before they realize it is an apt reflection.

    Wow! I can't believe the countdown is already in the teens!

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Bailey said…

    I cannot believe that you will be living in China!!! You are living my dream. We are so happy for you, and we hope to read all about your travels on your blog. You and Abbey are in my thoughts and prayers often. Please keep in touch.
    Hugs,
    Bailey & Liliana
    http://ladybug.komplexify.com

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Mendy said…

    Wonderful news! Can you tuck me away in your luggage. What an awesome opportunity! Can't wait to follow along. Isn't it so amazing to see God's plan for you! Hugs and prayers from Florida.
    Mendy and Joleigh

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Hokey smokes, meeting Paulette in China, who could've guessed!! By coincidence on my trip, I met a distant cousin at White Swan, as we found out a few months before travel we had the same LID! Good omens everywhere...

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    WOW. I stumbled upon your blog tonight... what coincidences happen... my baby girls' names are Abbye and Anneliese. They are from Russia, not China though.

    You are very courageous. There is a part of me that wishes I could do something like this too.

    Best wishes to you on your journey and your year with your baby.

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Robin said…

    I've been out of sorts with blogging lately but our mutual friend Paulette told me you were moving to China. How awesome is that! I just find that totally amazing and a testamony to your faithfulness in God! I'm sure you'll have many prayers traveling with you as you go. Our family being a few of them! God Speed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home