cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Magic Kingdom

Well now I understand what the big deal is about Disneyland, it was absolutely magical! I hadn't been in over 20 years and it couldn't have been more fun. We loved it. It was all new for us and our only introduction to everything was a sing-a-long video that Abbey saw the day before. From that she knew she wanted to head straight to the Teacups.Our next ride was Alice in Wonderland. I asked her if she wanted to sit in the front or back seat and with myself or Avonlea ( my wonderful niece) and she said that she wanted to sit in the front seat alone. Alrighty then, Mommy sees you are big enough for rides.
We basically just set up camp in Fantasyland. Once she got on Dumbo that is all she wanted to do and has been talking about it ever since. We rode it five or six times. She likes to go full throttle and get Dumbo up as high as you can and stay there.

One time 1/2 way through the line she said "I go pee-pee potty!" and we started climbing out of the maze of chains and lines and running to the Alpine Haus. Can you believe we made it and that all the nice people let us back in our spot which was now near the front of the line? We ended up doing that on another ride too. It's kind of like Fast Pass. You establish your place in line, run to the bathroom, and come back when it's time to get on.

Loving the Casey Jr. Train.

*A special thank you to Someone Wonderful who gave us these never-to-be-forgotten two days. It was the best gift I've ever received.

More to follow...

14 Comments:

  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger Paulette said…

    How wonderful. Sounds Like a magical day. Maybe someday the 4 of us can go together. I will look forward to at day.

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my! I have not checked in on you guys in a while..and look how Miss Abbey has grown!!!!! I love her haircut...and it looks like Disneyland was great fun!!! She is such a beautiful girl. :) Time sure goes quickly now, huh!? Love and Blessings~Bobbi from July Dragonflies

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    Thanks for posting such magical pictures of your birthday girl in Disneyland! It looks like you had a wonderful trip.

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Lindiana Jones said…

    Yay!!! Disneyland pictures! I cannot get over Abbey's haircut! I've seen her since she got it but, in these pictures, she looks like such a little lady!!

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    What a wonderful experience for you and Abbey! I loved seeing the photos of your happy girl!

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Teacher Mary said…

    I so wish I could have been there with you. There is really no place quite like Disneyland (they don't call it the Magic Kingdom for nothing!)for a kid's first amuse-ment park experience. It is so kid friendly. I am so glad that all of you have such a great time. It sounds like she is getting the poddy thing down like a pro. It was good to see you both at the party--has she made her bulldozer yet? Do you need help??? Lots of Love and Prayers!

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Catherine said…

    What a great day!! It's so fun when the Disney bug bites and with children it's even better! To see the excitement in your sweetie's eyes is wonderful! Sounds like you have a daredevil on your hands and an independant little miss too! Glad she's having such a great time and momma's having such fun watching her.

    Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about the fun!

     
  • At 3:03 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    I loved the Casey Jr. Train too! (and I think that my daughter liked it as well). Your post brought back memories. We went to Disneyland 2 years ago.

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am glad you both had such a wonderful time! We love going to Disneyland. Did she enjoy having everyone say "Happy Birthday" to her? They are so great about that!
    Rebecca

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Jie Jie to Sarah Lu and Chayah Ru said…

    Looks like you guys had so much fun at Disneyland! Abbey has such a beautiful smile!!
    ~Staci

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday Sweet Abbey. O h my it looks awesome- she is gorgeous! I love Miss A's new do and with the princess make-up you can see what a gorgeous teen she will become.

    Your trip looks so so special.
    We miss you both.
    Much love,
    Kimber & tuesdayzz

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    What a very special gift. I love the pics - especially of you with Abbey :0)

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Lucky Mama said…

    Oh the Tea Cups and Dumbo are our favorites too! So happy you had a blast at Disneyland. Did you talk with Crush the turtle at California Adventure? [I have a little "thing" for Crush. yes, a crush for Crush.]

    Abbey looks so very grown up now.

    k

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Joanne said…

    We just got home from Disney too - can't believe we didn't see you guys there!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home