cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bunny Bravery


She's scared of lions (I keep assuring her there are none in the house) but, "I not scared of dat Eater Bunny Mommy." She has also been talking about "Ho-Ho" (Santa) and the Easter Bunny all mixed together. It's clear to her now that they both give you candy. She is so excited about the eggs, bunnies, and all of it. We went on a trial run egg hunt yesterday and I am glad we did because we had some problems and will now be better prepared for the real one next weekend. First, I didn't know until right when the gate opened that parents couldn't go in and neither did she. I pushed her on in but she just kind of stood there frozen. I kept yelling "pick up the eggs, pick up the eggs!" which she did begin to do, but we were still trying to get over the fact that we had been separated. Then my new camera stopped and I had no idea why, I later found out that I had not charged the battery. Then she cracked open the eggs which I had said would have candy and they had nothing, empty. Next week will go much more smoothly I hope. She really had fun at all the little game booths they had and I must say that she has a very good throwing arm. She got lots of fun little prizes. When she wakes up from her nap we will be dyeing eggs today!

14 Comments:

  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    I love all the Easter fun. That is an adorable picture!

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    Emma has always been afraid of those mall Easter bunnies! You have a brave little gal!

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my heavens that is one sweet photo. Go Abbey!

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    Darling shot of Miss Abbey & the E.B.

    Katie's a bit nervous about lions too (she often says, "Lion get you, Mama?" but I've never understood where that fear came from).

    So today I bought 3 dozen eggs, and Daddy said, "you'd better be making omlettes or something to use up all of these eggs" -- I just looked at him and reminded him that Easter is next week. Oh....

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Cherith said…

    Awww!! DARLING pic!

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Single PAP said…

    she is too cute! i don't know you but i tagged you anyway. if you're up for it...
    ~laura

    lauraligaya@blogspot.com (also known as tothemotherland.blogspot.com)

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Mick and Caitlin said…

    Christi, she looks soooo adorable! I love that I get to keep up on your lives even though we're now far away. Keep us posted on any new developments!

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Annette said…

    So cute!

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger Teacher Mary said…

    She really took a good picture. She is just so darned much fun to be with! Kids give we adults a new view of the old world! Lots of Love and Prayers! See you on Easter Sunday!

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Dori's Mommy (Diana) said…

    ZZ is growing up so quickly! She is quite brave! Too cute!

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Elise said…

    Love the bunny pic....she looks sooooo sweet!

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Bailey said…

    Too Cute! She is so happy sitting with the Easter Bunny. Give her big hugs from us.
    Miss you,
    Bailey & Liliana :o)
    http://ladybug.komplexify.com

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Jie Jie to Sarah Lu and Chayah Ru said…

    Oh- so fun!! I LOVE the picture of Abbey with the Easter bunny! Adorable! Today we did lots of fun Easter activities with Sarah Lu- it was a very fun day with a lot of "firsts"! :) Happy Easter! Jesus is Risen!
    ~Staci

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    What a cute picture! Eliza saw the Easter bunny at Wal-mart today and was entranced, but didn't want to get too close! Abbey is a beautiful girl!

    Tiffany

     

Post a Comment

<< Home