cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Joyful Hearts



Abbey was so excited as we headed out this morning. She sat in the back seat and applied pretend lipstick and eyeshadow out of her little purse and kept saying, "I'm almost ready for the party".

The little heart with the handprint was the first one she ever cut out and as you can see she has now done several more. She LOVES cutting! I think it's funny that her hometown in China, Yangdong, is the place where all the scissors are made.

We melted pink and red crayons in heart shaped muffin cups and made little heart crayons for her friends.

She gets funnier by the day. She has left off a little on "Why?" and is now using "What?!!" whenever I give any kind of instruction or information she wishes she hasn't heard. After 3 days of racking my brain trying to figure out where that came from, I realized that I had been saying 'what' frequently to have her repeat things so that I could understand her better. It's all coming back to me now. She has also decided to add "Now!" to all her requests. "Mommy, I want a baby orange, Now!"

We had fun today and went to the mall and out to eat after school. I love it when we get to be together and just enjoy each other. I never ceased to be amazed to have this wonderful little person in my life. How blessed am I to be the mommy of this sweet child?

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you from Miss Abbey!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:38 AM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    The "Now!" reminds me of Eliza. She is constantly yelling, "PLEASE!" and "NO!". If I only had a nickel for each time I politely ask her to say no thank you.

    Tiffany

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    Happy Valentines day to Sweet Abby....she just grows more beautiful every time I see a picture of her.. I'm so happy each time I read your blog to see the love shining in her face....Linda

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    Well Happy Valentines Day to sweet Abbey & her mama (a little late). It looks like Abbey made out like a bandit in the Valentines' department. What a sweetie she is!

    Okay, I need to introduce scissors now (I've been putting that off, but now is the time I suppose...)

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    What a festive Valentine's day! Isn't it fun enjoying special holidays through a childs eye?

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She looks so cute in the pictures. Did she like her sippie cup I got her from Starbucks--I saw it in the pictures? It was much too cute to pass up? Did you like Abbey's gift to you? I can't wait to see her on Friday! Lots of Love and Prayers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home