cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Funny Girl

I am amazed at the changes in my little one!

In January she began praying her own prayers. She had been saying "Dear Lord" and "Amen" for a long time, and filling in names in case I forgot anyone, but suddenly began completely praying on her own. It's so heartwarming to hear her.

I found out that her teachers from her little speech group class refer to her as the Cruise Ship Director, and that is such perfect title for her. She is always checking to see that everyone is included, that they have everything they need, and that they are having FUN! Her little class consists of 5 boys and herself, and she loves it.

I fell this weekend and really hurt my knee. She was helping me with the band aids and I got teary eyed as the peroxide began to sting. She said, "Don't cry big mommy!" and ran and got the first stuffed animal she ever fell in love with, Doggie, and brought it to me. Then she went and got her favorite blankie and told me to play with the fringe on it, that it was "fun". Touching the fringe is her biggest comfort and it was so sweet that she brought it to me.

At a party yesterday someone asked her how old she was and she said, "Two, almost three," and I just stood there gaping...she doesn't miss anything...so I guess she knows she has a birthday coming up.

All of the sudden she knows how to use the computer by herself too. We had gone on starfall.com a couple of times and then she just took over the mouse and started doing the activities all on her own. It feels like every day she transforms, like she's grown up over night.

She got to go over to Madison's house to play this weekend and wear Miss M's "tutu train" (ballet tutu) over her jeans. Madison, and Abbey's friend Derica, are both really into princess things and although Abbey knows nothing about any of that she is starting to take it in from playing with them. Tonight she told me that I could call her princess. It is really fun now that she is interacting more with her friends and not just playing along side each other. She and MM were galloping around the house and so happy to eat dinner together at their own little table.

All I can say each day is thank you, thank you, thank you to God.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Mendy said…

    She is so cute! Joleigh has also started saying her prayers. Last night she had a coughing spell and woke up at 3am. When I got to her to give her another dose of her medicine, she started singing all sorts of songs and then she said, "Mama, pay with Daddy?" I thought she meant PLAY until I followed her and she was knelt down by her daddy, praying for "Joleigh feber (fever)" Isn't it precious! I think that blesses my heart more than anything! Abbey is adorable and I love seeing the changes in our girls lives. Oh, what a difference a year makes!

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Robin said…

    I can't believe she is "almost" three. How time flys! She sounds like she is very tender-hearted. How sweet that she is saying her own prayers. Maddy has the Amen part down pretty well. Infact, she says "amen" when we finish reading books too - instead of "the end". :-)

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Your Abbey update just warmed my heart! She is becoming such a big girl.

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Paulette said…

    She sure is growing up. I can't wait to see you both again. What is the B-day theme going to be “Princess” probably not...but look out next year.

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger k1 said…

    Sorry you're injured. Pray it gets better soon.

    Miss Abbey is gorgeous, inside and out.

    you are doing a fantastic job of training her up as a child of God.

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They do grow up so quick! Enjoy every moment with your princess. Mine is driving now, but it seems like yesterday that she was in Abbey's tutu!
    Love to you both,
    Michelle

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love her new picture at the top right of the home page. I know she is just growing by leaps and bounds right now. It is great to see her every week and interact with her. I love the way she responded to your "boo-boo"--what a sweet and gentle heart God has given her. So she is the "cruise director" what a job she has! She has such a big beautiful smile! I love her to pieces!

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Brownie Troop 157 said…

    Thank you so much for giving the link to that starfall sight. My almost three year old LOVES it. Plus, i like it much better than some of the computer software I've bought for her...and its free! I had no idea this type of sight even existed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home