cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Cheer




So it's Christmas Eve day and Someone is napping. I still have some cooking and wrapping to do so this will be brief. Did you see Abbey's advent chain? At the beginning of the month it seemed like it was a million miles long. Somewhere in the midst of report cards, evaluations, and holiday events it started shrinking rapidly. When we got into the teen numbers I had a few panicky days but I called on my mom for help and managed to make it through. We are now enjoying every delicious bit of our time together. It feels so nice not to be rushing through our day and our typical rigid schedule. Abbey is so into every aspect of Christmas and has no idea about what all is coming her way tomorrow. She is just so happy and fun. We have a Mickey Mouse Christmas CD and she insists that I turn it up LOUD and fast forward through all the hymns and carols and only play Jingle Bells, Frosty, Santa Claus is Coming, and Deck the Halls ( or lalalala, as she calls it). She has not asked to open any presents and has been very happy to give them to others. I wanted to sign my Christmas cards from The Happiest Place on Earth. I always want to be sensetive to the needs of others but it's really impossible to keep all this joy inside. My heart is more full than I ever dreamed it could be and Miss Zhuozhuo feels the same. We just love singing and laughing and playing together. I say it all the time but I will say it again...Thank you God for my precious daughter.
And a very Merry Christmas to all of you who have so enriched our lives in this past year. We love our cyber-family and are very blessed by your presence in our lives.

12 Comments:

  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    I'm sure it makes God very happy to know you are so thankful for the blessing that is Abbey. It does my heart good anyway to know you are so happy being her mom! I can only imagine how delightful tomorrow morning will be for you both. Enjoy!

    Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You must take a video of her opening the presents so that I can see it! I can just imagine the look on her face when she realizes that a lot of the packages are for her to open. Don't forget to open your frou-frou pink bag from your darling daughter to you. I had her help me pick out the card and the items in the bag! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO BOTH OF YOU! This will be your best Christmas ever! Lots of Love and Prayers!

     
  • At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God bless you both our dear friends.
    Have a beautiful day of celebrating the Lord's birth.
    With Love,
    K & T xx

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger k1 said…

    Merry Christmas Christy and Abbey

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Kelly S. said…

    Merry Christmas Christy and Abbey!

    We love all the artwork Abbey has produced this season.

    Kelly has loved having a Christmas tree.

    She loves the little drummer boy song and sings along. That song always puts a lump in my throat.

    If I were to meet Jesus what gift would I give him. I practice my smile a lot, that is what I have to offer.

    Many blessings from our family to yours.

    J, L, and Kelly too!

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    Merry Christmas!!! I wish you would have signed your cards "from the happiest place on earth". I think most people would find it inspiring, not annoying! You are a wonderful mommy and I'm sure you made Christmas extra special this year!

    Tiffany (also writing from the happiest place on earth!!!)

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Julie and Steve said…

    So glad to hear your happiness. It really does help the rest of us waiting to see your joy - it keeps our hope alive. Merry Christmas to you and sweet Abbey!

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    Christi,
    I just wanted to wish you and Abbey a Merry Christmas. What an amazing year it has been. I have been so blessed to watch Abbey blossom here on your blog. Your testimony is amazing and you are a blessing to so many.
    Merry Christmas!
    Amy, your dragonfly pal

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Shana said…

    It touches my heart to read your words of love for your sweet daughter! Abbey is more beautiful than ever- and what a kind, sweet heart she has (just like her Momma!)

    Merry Christmas to you both!

    Hugs, Shana (and Sophie Lu) :)

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger RamblingMother said…

    That smile can hardly contain her joy. Precious.

    Beverly

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    What a blessing Abbey is, you are so good together!

    I know you had a wonderful Christmas, and both of you deserve it!

    We loved Abbey's Christmas photo -- she just gets more and more beautiful every day.

    God bless you both in the upcoming year!

    EKJKT&K (& soon EJJB!)

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Christy...this is such a beautiful post! I say I hope your signed your cards from the happiest place on earth! :) We share that same joy for Sophie as you do for Abbey! We had to wait so long for a child and she is such a gift....just as Abbey is to you! Our hearts are very full and we are all very blessed. Thanks for sharing.....we hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home