cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Monday, October 08, 2007

Fiddle-i-fee

Abbey loves for me to point out the goose, cow, etc. on these jammies and sing "Cat Goes Fiddle-i-fee" with all the little animal noises. She asked for a bottle for baby this week so we went out to the garage and got one of her old ones. Before long she wanted to put water in it...for baby. Next thing I knew she was laughing and drinking from the bottle again. She thinks its really fun for me to pick her up and cradle her and sing "Rock a Bye Baby". So fiercely independent, and yet still Mama's baby. Favorite word right now is "outside" and newest favorite pastime is swishing and spitting water after brushing her teeth. The other day while changing her diaper I realized we had totally forgoten about the potty over the past couple of months and I said something about it so she jumped up and ran into the bathroom got on the chair and went potty. She's ready, I'm not. Diapers are my last little symbol of babyhood and I am hanging on to them for now. Giving up the crib and the bottles were hard enough on me, and I am thrilled that she is revisiting her baby things just for fun.
Posted by Picasa

15 Comments:

  • At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Totally understand what you mean!!!

     
  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger kitchu said…

    they grow up too fast anyway, nothing wrong with holdin' on to the diapers for a little while!

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I still enjoy it very much to read about Abbey(and you),
    thank you!

    greetings from Holland
    Leontien

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger RamblingMother said…

    That is such a sweet picture. You can keep her a baby somewhat longer with the huggies or white cloud pullups too.

    Beverly

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Nina said…

    Wow, she's growing up fast... but Ariel is my height (5'7") and long past diapers, but she'll always be my "baby"!! Enjoy each of the amazing stages to come!

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Robin said…

    I can't believe how much she has grown. Already out of the crib and done with bottles. Time does fly!! (I know that first hand) Love how long her hair is getting too. So sweet :0)

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger A said…

    Oh my, she looks so big sitting on the stairs!! She is growing fast. Take your time with the diapers. She will probably train easier the slower you go with it. Thanks for sharing such a cute picture with us.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger kerri said…

    They will always be our babies...
    I think we are almost ready to get out of the pull-up, then I will have 2 big girls. *sigh* ;O)

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Paulette said…

    Look out she will be asking for the car keys soon. You may need to get her little pills. I just wish I new where to find them.

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cute picture of the little darling! Too funny about the bottle for "baby". She is really moving right along into not being a toddler but almost being a pre-schooler. She is so sharp! Well..Mama time is moving on whether you are ready or not. I will pray for you! Lots of Love and Prayers!

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger M3 said…

    I'm with you, it's too fast, too fast. Slow down kiddos, please. Your mamas aren't ready to say goodbye to their babies just yet. Sniff sniff.

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger RoLo said…

    Her smile warms my heart:)

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow our girls are sure on similar timelines..."outside" is one of T's favorite words too.
    I love reading about Abbey and alwasy see so much of T in her.
    When I pull up the screen, T sees Abbey's pic and thinks its her.

    She is getting so so pretty.
    so glad you are both well!
    K.xx

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger Bailey said…

    I Love, Love, Love this picture. She is just so cute. I am so excited to see how happy she is. Congrats mom!

    Aloha,
    Bailey :o)
    http://ladybug.komplexify.com

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Lucky Mama said…

    I just love her long hair... I think Kay's hair is similar, and in six months, hopefully it will be just as pretty.

    /karen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home