cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Entertaining Herself

I haven't taken any pictures in the last two weeks so I thought I'd put up this one from September. She was thinking it was really funny that she had put a little cup on duck's head. We lost this duck back in August and it was awful. I was more traumatized than she was, crying and about to go overboard with the management at Target. Fortunately many hours after shopping there we returned to Target, held hands and prayed, and then walked through the store calling, "Duck, where are you?" He was up on shelf in the school supply aisle where Abbey had put him. During the interim between losing and finding him I had scoured the web only to find that he is from England and costs $50. He was a shower gift (he comes with a big book and baby duck puppets) and I had placed him high on her bookshelf, but one day Abbey pointed up and called for him and they have never parted since. We've both fallen in love with him.

8 Comments:

  • At 4:49 AM, Blogger Kelley said…

    You know, I cringe as I write this, but you really might consider saving your pennies and getting another one--just as a back up. Then every now and then switch the new one with the old one without Abbey knowing. That way, you'll have an extra just in case. I know of many families who were happy they did this.

    I'm so glad that you found the duck!

     
  • At 5:53 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    That's one adorable ducky...I'm so glad he was found again!

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger kitchu said…

    Well,that is one priceless duck! Glad he was only misplaced and not lost!

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    Everytime I pull up your blog and there's a photo of Abbey, I just have to smile. She has such a wonderful glow about her.

    Glad you found her duckie!

    Donna :)

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger RoLo said…

    oh my goodness so glad you found him

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger Tamara said…

    I'm so glad Mr. Duck was found! That was your miracle for the day.

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Jie Jie to Sarah Lu and Chayah Ru said…

    AWWW! I totally did that when I was little!!!! I was about 6 and I had taken my absolute favorite puppy stuffed animal that I got when I was a baby. Well, after much heartache, we went back to the store and after they assured us that my puppy was not in the lost and found, we found her by the fitting rooms!!
    So glad your found Abbey's ducky!!!! Those are definitely quite traumatic experiences!! :)
    ~Staci

     
  • At 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, it just goes to show the power of prayer--duckies can get found! Thank you Lord! It is too cute that you wandered in the store asking "Duckie, where are you". I am sure you will both keep better tabs on Duckie from now on. Too traumatic to happen twice! Lots of Love and Prayers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home