cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Monday, October 29, 2007

Party Girl


This child loves parties! It started on Friday with a huge bash that her "school" (early intervention) had. They went all out. At Sunday School all the kids wore their costumes, then it was off to lunch at Auntie's, and on to the FCC party for preschoolers. Between her excitement and that of my 20 first graders building to a creshendo, I am expecting a wild Wendesday and hoping for a very low key Thursday. Abbey had two licks of lollipops at the FCC party but said nothing when they disappeared. I let her try a mini-chocolate cupcake and her face broke out in red welts. The highlight for her was getting to wear a helmet and ride a scooter. We got to see our friend Tuesday in a Kitty Cat costume. We also met a gorgeous five year old cheerleader whose dad told me she was from Abbey's orphanage. I went over and told her that Abbey was from Yangdong and she said "Well I'm from China and so is she," pointing to a friend. I don't think it had registered that every girl there was from China. They were all so sweet and very cute. Abbey cried when we tried on the adorable Pumpkin Pie Fairy costume last week, but she loved the comfie new cheerleader outfit from G.G. (GranGene) so we went with that and she was happy. I'm sure we will have some princess/fairy dress-ups in the coming years.

12 Comments:

  • At 4:31 AM, Blogger Robin said…

    Love the cheerleader costume. Sorry to hear the poor girl got hives from chocolate. I don't know how you do it, keeping her from candy. Our girl is all over candy. She can smell it a mile away. I have to hide it or she will find a way to get to it. (not that we have a bunch but we did have some for trick or treaters)

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Wow, I love her megawatt smile!

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger Catherine said…

    Cute little cheerleader! Love the sleeping pic still holding firm to her pumpkin-full-o-loot! :o)

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    Abbey looks so cute! Emma is going to be a cheerleader for Halloween this year too!

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger RamblingMother said…

    Very Very Cute. Beverly

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    Abbey looks adorable :) Such a happy sweetheart!

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger kerri said…

    I just love!! the pooped out party picture in the car seat, so sweet!!

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger k1 said…

    I love that she has the stick of the Tootsie Pop sucker in her mouth instead of the candy!! What other child would do that?

    She's a cute cheerleader. Did she have pom pons too?

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know what I think I will like her better as an OU cheerleader (especially in that red, black & white outfit--so cute!!!) than a fairy princess. I just have a hunch she is not going to really be a frou-frou kind of gal. Her smile is such a joy to see compared to the pics when she arrived her almost 1 year ago (can you believe it??!!??). Like everyone else I just love the dead to the world picture with her tightly clutching the candy! Lots of Love and Prayers!

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Abby looks adorable! Cutest cheerleader ever! Happy Halloween to both of you!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Liz and Ava said…

    What an adorable cheerleader! Love the pic in the car of her sleeping holding onto her loot bag still!

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger RoLo said…

    aaaaaah is all I can say

     

Post a Comment

<< Home