cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Park Puppy and Her Art



Abbey loves to wear her puppy headband, pirate eye patch, or sunglasses whenever she can. She discovered the little pumpkin candy holder I picked up for trick or treating and she is now going around everywhere pretending to collect candy. This is some of her summer art which is coming down to make room for her new fall things. She just made the little tree with the fingerprint apples. She is so proud of all her artwork and LOVES cutting, like the fringe grass under the tree. She is really into using tools, especially since she helped me take apart the crib. She undid more of the screws with the allen wrench than I did. Today she and Madison both wore new light up shoes to church, but I didn't have my camera. It cracks me up that they are always so in sync. Her word of the week is "tight". I never could have imagined that she could find so many ways to use that word. She was thrilled to have grown out of her shoes this week and pronounce them all too tight...I bought three new pairs yesterday. All of the sudden her 18 mo clothing is all too short too. She can still wear 12 mo if they are capri's but length wise she now needs 24 mo, which of course swallow her at the waist. Thank goodness I found out we now have a Gymboree outlet nearby and our beloved Target.

10 Comments:

  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Check out Children's Orchard on TO Blvd. near the 23 Fwy! They have good prices on resale clothing if you get the days when they have 75% off of a certain color tag!

    Teresa

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    What a fun age! Dressing up and pretending were always favorites for my sister and me. Halloween should be lots of fun. Does your church put on a Trunk or Treat style party for the kids? My church does, and I think that's a great alternative to going door to door.

    She's growing so fast that she may be wearing that giant dress I gave her before you know it! :-)

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I forgot to tell you Christi that when Mick came down after church and poked his head in the toddler room, I said to the girls, "That's Mick." Abbey proudly announciated "Mick" very clearly. It was very cute. How it that the women put in all the time and energy and the men get the blessings? Hmmm...a taste of what's to come?
    Caitlin

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    Wow, what a talented little artist you have!

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Jie Jie to Sarah Lu and Chayah Ru said…

    Awwww! Abbey is just too cute!! Love the pics! :)

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    Love the dalmation headband. I wish you'd posted a picture of her wearing it plus the pirate eye patch AND her sunglasses. What a hoot!

    Look at all that artwork -- watch out...she's going to be doing a LOT more once those elementary school teachers get ahold of her!!!

    How's everything going with school? You back in the groove yet?

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    I love Abby's art work.....looks like you have a budding artist on your hands!

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your comment about her doing more things with an Allen wrench that you did. I will have to have her over to help me in the garden and with tools! I had my own tool box when I was single (hammer, couple of screwdrivers, some bolts, screws, etc.). My sister and I when we were in our 20's loved to hit the old Builder's Emporium in Van Nuys (kind of like Home Depot now but smaller) just to look around. I can do that now at Home Depot--kind of like going to the mall and checking out the stores--I check out the different departments! She and I will get along great! It is too funny that she now knows what "tight" is. It feels like she is in the middle of a language explosion! I can't wait to see her on Friday! I love Caitlin's remark about Mick! Her art is awesome! Tina does a really special job with her kids at the daycare! God knew you wanted Abbey to have very special care and she does--thank the Lord! Lots of Love and Prayers!

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What great art work your Abby has done. She sounds just like my Isabella.... her waist is so tiny and she is tall... to fit on her waist correctly, everything is too short.....to fit her length they are too big in the waist. The adjustable waist band pants have been a life saver for us... Target sells the Cherokee brand that has them.

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger RoLo said…

    2 more shops that I hear all about and see such lovely goodies from that we dont have:(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home