cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Team Cutie Pie

Abbey and Miss M just finished round one of their swim lessons and received their first little certificate today. They've mastered head bobs, ice cream scoops, kicking, blowing bubbles, kickboards and jumping in off the side. (When I say mastered I mean with them holding on to mommies for dear life and us "helping" them.) Favorite parts included singing Motor Boat, Five Little Monkeys, and Ring Around the Rosie. They had an excellent teacher and several cheering family members. The swim lessons are everyday M-Th and then they are also taking KinderGym on Wednesdays. Last week they also hit the toddler library story time and had a picnic in the park. We are SO thankful to have such a dear friend.

10 Comments:

  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger Cherith said…

    Congrats Abbey! You are doing better in the pool than my 4 and 5 year olds! ;)

     
  • At 4:36 AM, Blogger Robin said…

    Love those bathing suit babes! :-)

    Sounds like you and Abbey are having a fun-filled summer. I get so envious of my teacher friends who have the summer off. Of course, I DON'T envy them during the school year. You all work so hard.! My one good friends daughter said to me a little while back "now that you'll be getting Maddy, you can come to the pool everyday like us". She is 10 and I thought it was funny that she thought having small kids is what you needed to come to the pool everyday. (not that I have to work or anything.. lol)

    Blessings!

     
  • At 4:58 AM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    Cool -- swimming lessons!

    Good job Miss Abbey, and glad you have a friend to hold your hand at the pool.

    We're thinking about you, and hoping to see you soon (well, wishing, anyway. We have no plans for a CA visit anytime soon -- but we're going to be visiting K1 in Oct. and Texas in December).

    Abbey is just to cute for words. We love seeing her pix and reading about her activities.

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger RamblingMother said…

    Love the hand holding picture. They are so cute. Congrats on the first cert.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Lucky Mama said…

    That is a super cute bathing suit, Miss Abbey! Great job with your swim classes too. I remember doing a similar class with Jamie when she was your age. Very fun, but I was one tired mama at end of each class!

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    What a big girl! Darling suit, too! Isn't it fun to have summers off? (Sigh) Only about 4 more weeks for me, and then it's back to school!

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger kitchu said…

    They look so cute! Glad Abbey is doing so well!

     
  • At 5:21 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    What a couple of bathing beauties! Sounds like Abbey did better at her swimming lessons than Emma did!

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    What cuties! Good for Ms. Abbey the waterbug :0)

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, my gosh! They look so cute together. I know that she & Madison just love each other to pieces! I am glad you all had so much fun! Lots of Love & Prayers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home