cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Splish Splash!

Saturday was Abbey's first time in a pool. We are starting a mommy and me swim class on Monday and I decided we should do a trial run today. I was so happy the little suit she received for her birthday fit perfectly. It was a wonderful first experience! She made friends with a baby who was loving the water and when he left another one came. They were great role models for Abbey. She sat on the steps for awhile and drank in the scene. Some young guys at the pool began throwing a squishy ball to her and then everyone was cheering for her because she has a good throwing arm. She eventually got all the way in with me and motored around the pool for a long time hanging onto a floating chair ring. Everyone was so nice to her and she throughly enjoyed every bit of it. Normally I would never dream of putting on a suit and getting in a pool, but that is just another way that Abbey has so enriched my life, and I had the best time. I feel SO blessed every minute of every day that I am with her.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Cherith said…

    ok, that suit is DARLING! I am so glad she enjoys the water. Have fun!

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger k1 said…

    What a smart idea, a swim suit with sleeves. Keeps those precious shoulders from getting scorched!!

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Diana said…

    Kids do have away of making our lives so much more then we ever thought they could be:)
    Abbey is ADORABLE and I love the styling shoes she is wearing with her suit.
    You are a WONDERFUL mom and I so enjoy your blog!!!

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Lucky Mama said…

    She is one cute California girl!

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you both had a terrific time. She has enriched your life as much as you have done for her. What a nice gift God gave both of you in each other! So glad she made some friends & had so much fun. She might want to become a pitcher later on?!?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home