cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Don't go wee-wee on the carpet


I am having so much fun with Abbey. She is just delightful and we are both loving spending time together! She seems to have had a developmental spurt this weekend. I had just told a few people last week that I had no intentions of introducing potty training until she was 2 and 1/2 or 3. I just don't see any reason to start sooner unless she was showing an interest. Well, I still feel that way and that is still my plan, but she has suddenly taken an interest so I am trying to go with the flow (or tinkle). We have been laughing every night the last week or so when she gets in the tub because one night she did a tiny wee-wee on the carpet and now we crack up every night when I take off her diaper for her bath. She goes over and points to the spot where it happened and just laughs and then I say, "Don't wee-wee on the carpet". I think it was the first time it really registered with her what was going on. Anyway, today she went and got a book off her bookshelf that someone had given her that was all about the potty. She seemed really into it so I went and got out the potty that was given to her at one of my showers. She was so happy to have her own potty. She sat on it for about an hour, which is really saying something for my busy little bee. Then tonight at bath time she wanted to get on it again for about 40 min. Nothing happened but she sure was excited about it all. I still don't want to really start trying, but I am happy to go along with her interests. She was so proud of having her own potty!

9 Comments:

  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger kitchu said…

    That is so great- and I'm glad to hear they sort of let you know when they're ready. I've never potty trained anything but my dog!

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Wow! She's really taking an interest, isn't she? Maybe she'll surprise you and train herself over the summer.

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is so funny!

    Leontien

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Beeb said…

    Very Cute!
    My frined's daughter did as you are - going with the tinkle - and she trained herself at 17 months!

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Kimber and Chris said…

    so glad you and abbey are getting to spend some quality time together this summer. We are right alongside of this with much you are going through. We sit on the potty before and after we get in bath just for practice and every once in awhile something happens. NOt pushing it all either.

    she sounds like she has had a major language explosion lately that is amazing. Hope to see you soon.
    K & Txx

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    Thanks for sharing your story! That will come in handy for me!

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Cute! She is leading the way :0)

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Cherith said…

    Good for you pretty girl! Good luck mamma, I have never potty trained a girl. I hope it goes smoothly.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She is one really sharp little cookie. Maybe she will surprise you & tinkle on the potty all by herself! She can be so funny & charming at the same time--takes after her Mama! Lots of Love & Prayers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home