cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

So many people have been wishing me a Happy First Mother's Day and I have to say, every day is mother's day for me now. Everyday I feel so grateful to have been given such an incredible gift. There was always a hole in my heart and pervading sadness over my life before. Holidays brought it up all the more because I wouldn't be busy working and would have more time to think about the huge lack I felt without a child. That hole has not only been filled in, but there is a garden growing there and my heart is in full bloom. You would think after 25 years of waiting that my expectations would have been too high, but they were no where near high enough. I never could have imagined the depths of the love and joy I feel being with my daughter. Those of you still waiting, you are already mommies...you are pregnant with a promise. Although it is so hard to wait, just know that you will have day after unfolding days stretching in front of you to enjoy your child.

9 Comments:

  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Happy Mother's Day, Christi!

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    What a beautiful post. I know today like everyday will be special for you and Abby :0

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger M3 said…

    Happy Mother's Day sweetie! Your joy is a wonderful thing to watch. And I can so relate.

    Huge hugs!

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger dawn said…

    So glad that Motherhood is more than you ever dared to dream of.
    Happy Mothers Day to you and your beautiful daughter

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know that this is a very special day for you since it is the first Mother's Day since you picked up Abbey in China. I love the gift she made at church for you--so sweet & so lovely! Have a really special day with your daughter who is God's gift to you to purge you of the sadness & child sized hole you had in your heart! Lots of Love & Prayers to you & to Abbey!

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Shelley said…

    Happy Mother's Day, Christi! What a little blessing you have. You both have. :)

    Shell

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Julie and Steve said…

    Great post! I am so happy that you and Abby found each other and can celebrate this wonderful day together - she really does get cuter every day!

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger Kimber and Chris said…

    oh christi my friend i could have written that myself
    I am so so happy for you.
    Happy Happy 1st Mother's Day and I hope it was perfect for you. I am sure it was with your precious girl.
    Love,
    Kimberley & Tuesday xx

     
  • At 5:33 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Thank you, Christ! That was so beautifully said.

    Enjoy your day...each day :0)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home