cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Shaking It Off...



Thank you for all your encouragement. From emails and conversations I've come to understand that nearly every mom has dropped their child and/or had them get locked in the car (although no one mentioned that these events happened on consecutive days). Your stories really helped me. A couple of weeks ago I heard this speaker share about her book, Motherhood, the Guilt That Keeps on Giving on Focus on the Family. The front cover has a mom standing near "Mt. Guiltmore". I would love to get the book but I would feel guilty for taking the time to read it and for spending the money. Seriously, as I head down the parenting path I want to begin now correcting my course when I make mistakes, and then choosing not to beat myself up over it. My energy is better spent on being motivated to do things well the next time rather than perseverating on what has already happened. This is a big learning curve. Thanks to all of you we are dusting ourselves off and moving forward with lessons learned.


Belated sharing of Abbey's St. Patrick's art. It's still March until tomorrow, right? The bottom shamrock is her first marble painting.



Modern Art



Paint with water book. This also involved painting the kitchen table, but I won't show that.

This may be TMI, but our new game is Abbey hitting me on the behind and me singing "boom shakalaka, boom shakalaka" and shaking my booty and then I run around and tap her on the rear. It's pretty fun!

11 Comments:

  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger D said…

    Wow, Christi! I think of all the doubts and anxiety when you got your referral, and it's just so great to see how far God has brought you and how He has blessed your family!

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Love the little artiste's work!

    That new little game sounds like quite the riot :0)

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Coming from the mom of a little artist, great art work!!

    Maybe you could make a video of that little booty shaking game and share with us ;-)

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    Great picture of the two of you!

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Cherith said…

    Awww!!! What a cutie pie! love the art work and the game, too much fun!

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    Christi,
    I think it was about a month or so ago that I fell on top of Eliza on the cement. Someone asked me if I was embarassed. Ummm, no! I wasn't embarassed, I thought I killed her. Luckily she survived, but it is a disgusting feeling.
    Great pics...you definitely have a little artist at your house! I bet you can't wait to spend the whole summer with your girl. The thought of summer is the only thing keeping me going lately!!!

    Tiffany

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I second the video for "Boom Shakalaka"!!! All the posters are right--she is quite the little artist. Maybe we should get some stuff like that for her at church?

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    Wow...Abbey is quite the artist!

    It's so hard not to beat yourself up practically every day when you're a parent. After more than four years, I still think I should do better every day. But it sounds like you've got all the important things under control, so relax a little!

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Phat Girl said…

    I have been reading your blog for a while now. I absolutely love it....I enjoy reading about your adoption and the amazing life you have given your daughter. I wanted to adopt from China until the rules changed. So, now I am going to focus on saving money, improving my credit score, and praying for my future adopted child. When I found your blog, I was thrilled you were Single. Parents do all sorts of things to their kids: my Mom slammed my finger in her car door while she was dropping me off at school, it took my Mom and 2 teachers to get my finger out of the door. Keep your Head Up, you are doing a Wonderful Job!

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger M3 said…

    Hey Christy, no judgement coming from over here... we're all doing the best we can. And when we screw up, whoooooeeeee does it sting. I messed up and both girls tumbled into a muddy ditch this morning where they both smacked their heads on the concrete really hard. Nice...

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger M3 said…

    Oops, meant to type "Christi" -- going too fast. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home