cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Our First CNY Together

Last year my niece and I went to a big FCC banquet. There were 600 people there (and another 600 on another night) and lots of entertainment with lion dancers, acrobats, and the Miss China Town court. This year I felt that I needed to do something on a smaller scale with Miss Abbey. Someday we will do the big hoopala but for now it was more important for me to have things a little quieter and closer to home. We invited several adoptive and waiting families to join us at a local Chinese restaurant for dinner. It was really nice to just be with the people who have meant so much to me through this whole process. Abbey got more and more excited as the evening wore on and by the time we were coming home for her bath she was a little wild and running around stomping. I think she really enjoys a good party. And my, she can really pack away the Chinese food.














Two friends who meant the world to me during the loooooooooooooong wait (I know it's nothing compared to those of you waiting now). It almost doesn't seem real that I finally have my girl and am not just looking dreamy eyed at their girls like I was for so long. We are all so blessed.









Wo ai ni Zhuozhuo!

22 Comments:

  • At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you had a fun CNY..yep...the wait drags on...
    LID 5/15/06, praying for a speed up.

     
  • At 3:08 AM, Blogger OziMum said…

    You guys look so beautiful!

     
  • At 4:01 AM, Blogger Joanne said…

    HAPPY NEW YEAR! I dream of the day we can celebrate with our daughter... but it's so nice to live vicariously through others! Great pics!

     
  • At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks like you girls had a wonderful time!!!!! :) Happy New Year!!

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    How fun! You look beautiful together. Mamahood is treating you well :0)

    Happy CNY to you both.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Beckyb said…

    I love the blessing of adoption - what gifts we have been given!!!! Your pictures are wonderful -

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Deb said…

    You both looks really nice in PINK! Glad she was with you for this years CNY. God Bless

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Emmie said…

    Happy Chinese New Year!! Glad you could have a good time celebrating! Cute pics!

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said…

    Happy New Year!

    I don't comment very often, but I check your blog all of the time. I have followed your journey and have learned so much from you. I also live vicariously through you and Abbey. :)

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Elise said…

    Sounds like you both had a wonderful CNY...you both look so cute in your matching outfits!!! So happy for you both!!!

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger dawn said…

    What a lovely piccie of you 2!

    Happy New Year.

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Norma said…

    Happy CNY! Joanne took the words out of my mouth!

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    That is a great picture of the 2 of you! Happy CNY!

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Diana said…

    Abby has the most beautiful eyes. She is such a pretty little girl. Happy New Year to both of you:)

     
  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger Steffie B. said…

    Happy Chinese New Year to you too. The pictures are beautiful. We are so blessed..... ;)

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    Glad you and Abbey had such a great time at your first CNY together!

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    You both look gorgeous in your Chinese outfits! Happy CNY!

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    sounds like the perfect way to celebrate with your little one!!!!

     
  • At 2:35 AM, Blogger Shelley said…

    Happy New Year ladies.

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Meg said…

    What a fun day! She is a beauty.
    Meg

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Beautiful!

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Mardi said…

    Lookin good! Happy CNY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home