cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

You Asked...

Several people have asked to see pictures of Abbey and I together so I asked a friend to snap one today at church. It's hard as a single mommy to get in the picture but I am going to start trying to do it here and there so that Abbey and I will have those to share. She moves so fast (see video below) that I can barely snap pictures of her, let alone us. People very kindly tell me, "She's very active and busy..." Actually they tell me all kinds of things everywhere we go about how cute, bright, and fun she is.
Many of you have asked what I call her now. Mostly Abbey, she definitely knows that now. She still knows she's Zhuozhuo too, but we use that more when we look at her orphanage pictures. I've taken to calling her Beauty in my heart. I don't really do it out loud, but I think it and wisper it a lot. To me that word fits her perfectly.

10 Comments:

  • At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello there! I just had to take a minute to tell you how much I love your blog and the stories about your darling girl. She is truly beautiful. I am also a teacher, though I work from home. I hope you have a great week!

     
  • At 6:14 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    What a great picture of the two of you :0)

     
  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    You two look like you've been a family forever!

     
  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger Beckyb said…

    SUPER picture - you are right - she'll want those pictures of the two of you too!!

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    darling photo and yes take lots of pics of you together. :) Get a tripod and when you can set the timer and sit in front of it. you can set it for the longest time and then swoop her up like she is flying into your lap, try to make a game of it,it works 70 percent of the time for me. otherwise it is all them and dh and none of me! I don't like my pic taken but my oldest asks where are the pics of you mom? yikes

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    Hi Christi,

    All these new photos of Miss Abbey are just fabulous! It seems that she is blossoming right before our eyes.

    I love the photo of the two of you together and the photos of Abbey sitting next to the orchid, which by the way, has the most blooms I've ever seen!

    You two just seem so perfect for each other! I definitely think God had his hands in matching the two of you.

    Donna :)

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    Thanks for the updated picture of the two of you (I'm working on an album of our China trip so I do have some, but it's great to have updated pix as well).

    The orchid, by the way, is amazing. I'd be able to kill it (without trying, of course!) in about two weeks. Believe me, I've tried to keep those things alive, but they hate me!

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Kristin said…

    Such a darling photo... you look so happy and Abbey has the MOST GORGEOUS skin!

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger B-Banshee said…

    It is so wonderful to see a photo of the two of you together. She is such a happy little girl.

    Aloha,
    Bailey :o)

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Be sure to tell her what a beauty you think she is out loud also. It never hurts to tell someone they are beautiful or pretty. It is something that will stick with them forever--better to learn while one is young that never at all! Another thing one can never say enough is I Love You! She is one cutie pie!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home