cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Tiny Tot

Everyone keeps talking about how big Miss Abbey is but I just have to say...she still wears size 12 mo and swims in lots of it. She's running around like a big girl but she's really a little peanut.
She makes some very big shrieks (of delight) and I can't believe they come out of that little body, but you start wiggling your finger to tickle her and you will hear it. She thinks she is very big when she helps me turn off the light, faucet, lock the door, shut the trunk, etc. Little does she know that my pinkie is doing 99% of the work and her full force is doing 1%. It really makes me think of how God is with us. We think we are so big and making things happen, and really it's His power doing all the work and we just get to be a part of it. I am delighted when she thinks she has done something to help, even if I know it's all really me. Bottom line - her personality is big and her body is small.

9 Comments:

  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    What a fantastic way of looking at it. Thanks for the reminder that perspective means a lot :0)

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't think I have ever commented here before but that post deserves a comment! What an awesome way to look at the reality of what life is all about! Thank you!!
    Rhonda in Ohio

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Our Journey To Eden said…

    I just had to say that your daughter is so adorable! I have been following your blog for a while now. I especially loved all of your great pictures and posts from China. We still have a loooong wait ahead of us.. still paperchasing... but I have picked up a few baby items (okay more than a few). I purchased the same pink shirt Abby is wearing in the video of her running in the hall. Seeing your little one wearing that shirt made my day.

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    What a wonderful post!

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    Wonderfully put!

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Elise said…

    She has a big heart of love for you in that little body of hers!!! I can see it in all the pictures of her! Precious!

     
  • At 5:09 AM, Blogger Steffie B. said…

    I think she is just precious and I love the picture of the two of you. I hardly ever get pictures with Sophia either! That's life when you are the Mom! :)

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    Abbey is just so sweet! I love the picture of the 2 of you together.

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Personality counts more than size--just consider Madison & Mailee--both full of personality but at opposite ends of the size spectrum! Such a darling picture of a special Mommy & her wonderful daughter!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home