cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Friday, January 26, 2007

Saving Levi

This week Focus on the Family had Lisa and John Bentley share the incredible story of a precious infant boy that was found in a field in China. He had been severely burned and left in burial clothes. Tears poured down my face as I heard the beautiful recounting of how this child was saved. I was trying hard not to cry as I was on my way to an early morning parent conference. It didn't work and I showed up with my mascara and eyeliner gone. The interviewers were all crying too. You can hear these wonderful broadcasts by clicking here for Part 1 and here for Part 2. In part two they also share about their daughter Orly, who had 3 failed adoptions before joining their family. Steven Curtis Chapman wrote a beautiful song about her and part of it is shared in the broadcast. For a pictorial reflection of Levi's story look beneath the broadcast information at a section called Web Exclusives. Under Related Articles there is another article titled China Heart. The newly released book, Saving Levi, is available here. To learn more about the Phillip Hayden Foundation or Harmony Outreach use the links in my side bar. There is so much we can do for the children who are still in orphanages.
The Bentleys have left everything to serve the children in China and I love this quote with their family picture....
"And so my prayer is that your story will have involved some leaving and some coming home, some summer and some winter...My hope is your story will be about changing...about learning to love a child...about learning to love others more than ourselves... We get one story, you and I, one story alone. God has established the elements, the setting and the climax and the resolution. It would be a crime not to venture out, wouldn't it? ...And you will not be alone. You have never been alone. Don't worry. Everything will still be here when you get back. It's you who will have changed."
Donald Miller, Through Painted Deserts

11 Comments:

  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Christi, that looks like and amazing story. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention.

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger k1 said…

    I listened to the second part this evening. What an amazing example of faith the Bentley's are!

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Steffie B. said…

    Thank you so much for sharing a wonderful story.

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Catherine had that posted on her blog yesterday. I want to listen to it, I really do. But I don't want to cry today!

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    I heard it on FOTF as well. It's a bit hard for me to drive when I'm in tears...what a beautiful story.

    I hadn't heard that song by SCC, I wonder what CD it's on.

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger dawn said…

    That really does sound like a truly fabulous story. I am going to get it. Thank you for sharing.

    Be careful driving in tears!

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh my...good thing I don't have a parent conference right now...thanks for sharing...I am going to order now. :) Hugs to you and your sweet Abbey!! :)

     
  • At 3:28 AM, Blogger OziMum said…

    Amazing

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    Thank you for posting about it. I will look now!

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger comingaroundagain said…

    One of my brothers from Texas called and told me to listen to the podcast of this interview on iTunes (found it by doing a search on Focus on the Family). I listened to it twice yesterday! Incredible story! Thanks for the additional information via weblinks!

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger kitchu said…

    Thanks for posting this...I'm off to listen...
    kris

     

Post a Comment

<< Home