cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

One Year Bible

I also got this One Year Bible. It's organized with a little bit of Old Testament, a little bit of New Testament, and a Psalms and Proverbs each day. This way you just open up and read the text for the date, like January 1 and if you continue each day you will finish everything at the end of the year. It takes about 10-15 minutes a day. I've tried before using a list of what to read for each day but I've found that for me this is easier than having to flip around and find the books. It's just so convenient, like taking a vitamin each day, but so much more powerful.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Beckyb said…

    I have that too and I LOVE it - it's the one way I have found to "stick with it"!!

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    I received one as a gift :))

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    Never seen it but right about now, wouldn't mind at all having something like that to not only read & share with Ruby, but also for my own personal mental & spiritual health...

    ...perhaps once I find work, it shall be the first thing on my list to pick up.

    Thank you for sharing it with us.

    -Amy & Ruby Cate

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are right about making it easier like taking a vitamin. Does Abbey have her own kids Bible that you read to every night yet? She needs to get the Word into the marrow of her young bones just as we do!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home