cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Worth the Wait

I love this card given to me by my friend Dawn. She is one of the people God used to provide so many things I needed for Miss Abbey through. When I was paperchasing I was very concerned about how I would buy baby furniture, clothes, etc. Two Easter's ago we were at picnic and I told Dawn and her husband that I was adopting. She got goosebumps and tears in her eyes and promptly announced that she wanted to give me her lovely crib and changing table. It then went on to strollers, bedding, and clothing. I think her DH was worried she may just give me their whole house. Anyway, this card came with a lovely storybook for girls and another load of cute clothes. Inside was something very special her mother had once written and I am sharing it with you...

A daughter, an astonishment, a perfection
The newest thing in the world. So small. So packed with secrets. And everyday brings fresh wonders - for every gesture, every smile is an enchantment.
Everything is unexpected (quick, see what she's done now).
Her face lights up when you - most ordinary you - come into sight. Your songs delight her. You are the one who can soothe her to sleep, drive off her terrors, lift her from tears to laughter.
She is so beautiful, so eager, so resolute, so funny and amazing, and she loves you with all her heart. No one has failed who has so dear a daughter.

Beautifully said Maureen, who I believe is watching from heaven and whose love lives on in the hearts of her children and grandchildren.

8 Comments:

  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Okay, that made me cry.

    Beautiful and thank you for sharing it.

    Happy New Year, Christi & Abbey!

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Beckyb said…

    Wonderfully put - thanks for posting that! They are truly "worth the wait"!!

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Beckyb said…

    Wonderfully put - thanks for posting that! They are truly "worth the wait"!!

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Beckyb said…

    Wonderfully put - thanks for posting that! They are truly "worth the wait"!!

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Very sweet, indeed!

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Phil and Jennifer said…

    What a perfect way to describe what a mommy feels toward her daughter. Your Abbey is beautiful!
    Jennifer

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Perfectly said. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This was so touching. I just loved it! God has blessed you richly with people willing to give of themselves & what they have to provide darling ZZ with all the everything she needs. Thank you Lord!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home