cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Joys of Motherhood

Just wanted to share that I earned a new mommy badge today for my sash - the mega-watt Diaper Blowout badge. For some reason I thought it would be okay to go to the mall for 3 hrs without doing a diaper change (don't do that!). Abbey spilt a whole water bottle on herself because she wants to drink out of one like I do rather than use a sippy cup ( again, ddt!). Some one came up to me in a restaurant at the mall and let me know that they had seen us earlier and that Abbey's sippy cup was on a display in the toy store. After throwing what we were buying on top of another display and wheeling her outside to dump all the water out of the stroller tray we resumed getting our purchases. As I headed out I thought I smelled poop but just sort of ignored it and didn't investigate (DDT!! I never will again - anytime I think there might be poop I will go all the way in checking). She was all wet when I loaded her into the car but I figured it was just from the water bottle, wrong. When I finally got her home and to the changing table I unsnapped the onesie and poop went flying, some hit me in the head. I never thought I would be praying for the Lord to help me find all the poop, but I was. Little pieces were scattering every where. The onesie, of course, had to be pulled off over her head...let's not get into it. So now, all our clothes are in the washer and I have completely dismantled the stroller (pieces had to be unscrewed to get the straps off) and the car seat (which I am not looking forward to reassembling). Now I thought I would have to wash those items someday, but not two months into it. And BTW I am still finding little blue sugar sprinkles everywhere...not just the kitchen, they have migrated all over the house. Also, while digging through the entire kitchen trash can piece by piece looking for screws to our new Fisher Price Farm which I thought might have been thrown out, I discovered a surprise at the bottom. My spatula and wooden spoon. I don't know how she does these things because I am with her every second. She must be lightening fast. I also found two little construction worker plastic men in her diaper champ which I now check carefully before cleaning out.
But, I can still say that I love every second and that she is the most wonderful thing that's ever happened to me.

21 Comments:

  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Yowsa! Alas, I can hardly wait to have a day like that :0)

    I had to laugh at praying to 'find all the poop' You're right - who would think it!

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger fuzzandfuzzlet said…

    lol ahhhh just wait! If she is busy now just wait a year or so !!

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "praying for the Lord" to help me find all the poop. LOL

     
  • At 2:55 AM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    lol oh poor you!!! What a day. But you're right, I'm sure you wouldn't swop your life for anything!!!

     
  • At 3:06 AM, Blogger Diana said…

    Just wait till she does POOP ART in her room instead of napping....then you will earn a even bigger badge.
    I love your blog and your storys about Abby. She is just toooo cute.

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger ~ Alison said…

    Ah, that sounds like quite the poop-tastrophe. They do happen & I think we've all been there. It's funny how quickly WE learn =)

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    Sounds like a 10 -wipe job, for sure!

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Beckyb said…

    Happy initiation - I love it!!! And Nope, wouldn't trade it for anything!!!

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Special K said…

    Oh boy!! What a story... these are the ones that I know will happen but not so much looking forward to. LOL!

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    Thats a true Poop Explosion!

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger Shelley said…

    Ah yes. Explosive poop diapers. They're rare but dangerous. :) We all learn that lesson ...usually the hard way. :)

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Ugh! You deserve way more than a badge!!!

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a great story! :D Happy New Year's and I hope it is more "poopless"!

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    FWIW, I used to keep a few diapers and a box of those travel wipes (sealed because they dry out) in my car, just in case. It came in handy many times, especially when I didn't feel like lugging the diaper bag around. Thank you for continuing to share your experiences! I love reading about ZZ/Ab and you!

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have no idea how hard I was laughing out loud when I was reading about the poop hitting your head & then trying to find all the little pieces of poop everywhere! Oh, my gosh I just roared so loud! I had to find Jerry & tell him about it! Oh my gosh, I just read Diana's log about poop art--Oh, Lord, please do not get ZZ to do that! Well, sometimes, it we learn from experience--I am sure this will not happen again! It's so funny about the "things" you are finding where you never expected them. She must have eyes everywhere & you do not! Well, I am glad to hear that you survived "the explosive poop diapers" (Per Shelley) & are having a great time cleaning up & love discovery!

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Glinda said…

    In addition to my prayer for you that you have found all the poop, I pray also for your ability to hold your breath at great length until you have indeed found it all;)

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *****But, I can still say that I love every second and that she is the most wonderful thing that's ever happened to me.*****

    And that, my dear, is how you *know* you are truly a "mom". LOL

    Blessings,

    Teri
    (from Iowa)

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Hee hee! That's only funny because it didn't happen to me :) I am watching my niece and nephew right now, and my house is TRASHED. They sure are good at that!

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All of us moms have been there, Christi. I'm sure this will not be the one and only time!!

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am sitting at home, New Years eve at 11pm and I am the only one awake :(...I was just laughing so much reading this post...yep explosive poops are interesting! The throwing away stuff is SO funny! See she is watching you throw stuff away all day and is "helping". Our youngest used to take diapers out of the stacker and throw them in the trash! and toys and books and the list is endless..my sunglasses! ahhh they are so fun. enjoy.

    Happy 2007

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    I have to chuckle 'cause who'd have thought we'd be blogging about poop? I can identify with praying for no shoo shoo diaper out in public.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home