cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Johanna Saves the Day!


RockYou PhotoFX
Yesterday I woke up at 5 am with a really bad migraine. I took my med's and pushed through the morning of our big children's event. As the day wore on I got worse and worse. Thankfully my dear friend Johanna was here visiting and took over playing with Abbey for me so that I could rest. By 4 pm she said she needed to get me to a doctor and loaded up Abbey in her nap pj's and me in my incoherent state and drove my car through the rain to urgent care. I was throwing up at each light and she finally had to pull over. It was quite an ordeal. I was able to get shots and while I was with the doctor Johanna took Abbey for Chinese food. I was so greatful for my wonderful friend taking over and finally recovered late in the evening. This is a picture of Abbey and Johanna at church the next morning.

14 Comments:

  • At 5:01 AM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    Yuck! I know (all too well) this feeling. I haven't experienced it with a child yet.

    tiffany

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger 3 Countries 1 Love said…

    Thank goodness for friends! I remember all too well being so sick that I couldn't stand up, walk, etc. And I had only been home from China for a month with a 13 month old. My friend came over and took me to the ER and took care of Vivi all day and stayed overnight with her. As single moms, friends like this make all the difference in our lives!!! Shannon

    (hope you're feeling great now!)

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger 4D said…

    That is awful. I hope you are doing well now. Friends are def. life savers.

    Keep smilin!

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    What a priceless friend. Aren't they the greatest?

    Hope you're feeling better!

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    What a wonderful support system you have there...it is so important when you're a single mom!

    Hope you're on the mend!

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, thank you God for Johanna & ZZ's willingness go go with the flow! She has adapted so well to so many new things in her life & all the people she sees at church. She is such a blessing to all the members of the church. I'll be praying about those pesky migraines. Keep thinking about what Pete said about prayer on Sunday! Lots of Love, Kisses, Prayers & Hugs to both of you!

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Praise GOD for good friends that can step up and take care of the babies and us! Poor you and Poor ZZ must have been worried about you too! hope you are well by now. Hugs,
    Kathleen

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Elise said…

    You poor thing, I have migraines sometimes and I know how painful they are! I am so glad you have good friends that can take care of you, hopefully this the end of them for awhile! Love the cute little gingerbread dress on Abby, she looks adorable!

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger OziMum said…

    So sorry you had to endure that! Migrannes are just awful. Praise God for Johannah! What a gem!

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger The Otvos Family said…

    Thats my grandma!!!!-Says Ava
    Had so much fun with you!!
    Abby is beautiful.
    Love,
    Gina
    otvos.blogspot.com

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So sorry to hear that you were so sick! God has blessed you with such a wonderful support system though. =)


    PS- Just wondering....have you called ZZ "Abbey" at all?

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Wow! Thank goodness for wonderful friends. What can be done about your migraines? It seems like you've had a lot of those recently. :-(

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger Tamara said…

    What a blessing friends can be! Being sick with a baby makes you feel really vurnerable. I hate to be sick!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home