cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Came Early


My mom wanted to take Abbey to Toys R Us and let me tell you, she was in awe. She was so cute looking at all the shelves of toys and wanted to explore every one of them. We settled on the Fisher Price Learning Bench, Corn Popper, and Medical Kit. She is so funny with each of them. She loves hammering on the bench. She is very serious with all her medical tools, especially the stethescope - her face looks like she is conducting neurosurgery when she uses it. The Corn Popper was so overwhelming for her that she sat down on the floor of the store and got it locked in her arms and hunkered down for battle. We had to carry her out with it locked in her arms, barely able to scan it at the register. The whole way home she kept her arms locked around it, no one was going to be taking that from her. When she got home she had so much fun playing with all of it and she continues to each day. Thank you Lao Lao!

8 Comments:

  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    How funny about the corn popper! Thanks for the tip on slicing grapes length wise. I just thought they were off limits but after reading your post I cut some and presto- they are Miya's new favorite food!

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    So cute! They sure have a way of making their needs and wants known!

    Tiffany

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    I've got the medical kit and I must say I like it myself ;0)

    Great stuff!

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger t~ said…

    Ahhh, welcome to the world of corn poppers. They are so cute at first...and I swear the pop gets louder everytime they push it!

    Abbey has some good toy taste!

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger A said…

    It sounds like she had a great time. I am sure this is the first of many LaoLao/Toy-r-Us trips. It is fun to continue to hear of all the "firsts" that Abbey is experiencing.

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    Gotta have the corn popper, no doubt about it!

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    Oh she is too cute! I love those poppers!

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just laughed out loud so hard when I read about the corn popper. It is hysterical. NO, NO, NO--GO AWAY--THIS IS MINE AND YOU CANNOT HAVE IT!!! For a little one who is experiencing everything new--new country, new Mama, new Lao-Lao-WOW. In her little mind somewhere she must have thought I will not let them take this away! Does she still love it as much a few days later? The comment about looking like a neurosurgeon was adorable--only God knows what she will end up doing. I'll bet her Lao-Lao had almost as much fun as Abbey did! Lots of Love, Kisses, Hugs & Prayers

     

Post a Comment

<< Home