cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Birth Moms

My eyes keep welling up with tears tonight as I think of Abbey's birthmom. Somewhere out in this big world is a woman I am profoundly grateful for. Although I don't know anything about her, I know all this beauty came from somewhere. I know this sweet voice with all her 'oohs' and 'aahs' came from someone. This bright little mind that copies everything she sees and tries to figure out everything around her is all genetically linked to someone. I know that God created Abbey, but he did it through a person, and I just wish I could send a million shooting stars of thanks her way. By carrying Abbey and giving birth to her you have filled my life with so much joy, and there is a ripple effect that is touching everyone around us. Somehow may the love in my heart for you reach all the way to China and wrap itself around you. May deep peace fill the empty place in your heart. Your daughter is LOVED and treasured and so are thoughts of you. I hope that sometime in eternity we will meet you.
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning." James 1:17

12 Comments:

  • At 4:43 AM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    What a beautiful tribute. There are many of us who share your exact sentiments about our daughters' birth mothers as well.

    Don't you just love that every day is an adventure? My sweet girl makes me laugh, as she attacks everything with such zeal and wonder.

    It's going to be a wonderful Christmas!

    God bless you both!

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This was very lovely, Christi. I often think about my girls' birthmothers, because I can't help but wonder where they get their wit, their intelligence, their beautiful round eyes, etc...

    You said that God created Abbey and He did. But her birthmother carried her and you are now her forever mommy...It's a miraculous bond; a link all three of you will share forever.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautifully said...Have a joyous holiday season, you get to share it all thru the eyes of a child.

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger t~ said…

    Beautiful words for Abbey's birthmom. Your life with Abbey is a true joy for all of us blogsters to watch. Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your journey.

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Beautiful post, Christi!

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Norma said…

    Beautifully written! That is exactly how I feel except I don't have my girl yet.

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is a good example of why I enjoy reading your blog. The love you have for your daughter is completely infectious and your enthusiasm for being Abbey's mom is inspiring.

     
  • At 3:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a beautiful reminder! I remember so well (now!) holding my baby girl as I rocked her before bedtime and welling up in tears thinking of her birthmom. As Brooke has gotten older and life busier, I think less often of her although Brooke and I talk about both of her birth parents whenever she opens up with her thoughts (most often when eating at a Chinese restaurant). Every Mother's Day though, we light two white candles in honor of birth mom and forever mom. Thank you for continuing to post in your blog despite how busy you must be.

    Merry and Blessed Christmas to you and Abbey!

    Bonnie

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Mommy Spice said…

    Beautifully said! I feel the same way about the brave woman who loved her/our daughter enough to leave her in a safe place to be found and given a new wonderful life. I think about her on every Gotcha Day and birthday.

     
  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger Mardi said…

    Beautifully said! I have never thought about it before you said it, but yes, we may be able to meet our little girls birth mom someday,if not in heaven. I am seeing everyday, the miracle of adoption. God is so good.

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Now my eyes are filling with tears, what a wonderful tribute.

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What wonderful & touching sentiments for the one who gave birth to your darling daughter. She gave you such a great & joyouse gift! I know that you thank God for that daily. I hope that God will touch the heart of ZZ's birth mother & let her know that her baby girl is in the loving arms of a MaMa that loves her with a never ending love that is so deep & wide that no one can fathom it. I just love her too! I can't wait until she learns to talk & call you MaMa!
    You will have to try & get that on tape to add to the blog so we can all hear it! Kids like ZZ are why I like to be with the toddlers at church--they have so much fun & so many things are so new--balls to bounce, playing with legos & using a play vacuum! Oh what fun I get to have! See you soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home