cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving


My wonderful neighbors brought us this arrangement for Thanksgiving.






Zhuozhuo played drums with the measuring cups and strainer. I think she pretty well charmed my dad and my sister's family. It was my best Thanksgiving ever to have her there in the middle of everything. She loved the mashed potatoes and turkey.

Sorry, I have to take my calls!


Cell phones are Abbey's favorite thing. She likes her toy ones and loves real phones. Everyone in my family gave her theirs and they were calling her and making them light up and ring and play music. She loved it. She was especially enamored with Gran-Gene who was allowed to tickle her and play silly games. She was still reserved with everyone else. She also accepted Ashton into her inner circle because he threw things back and forth with her. It was so fun to have her with my family!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger dawn said…

    It looks like a really wonderful time was had by all! So glad you got to celebrate this Thanksgiving with ZhouZhou and her with you.

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    Christi,

    Did you and ZZ host this Thanksgiving? That's pretty brave, considering the past three weeks you've had!

    It sounds wonderful, regardless. We love keeping up with the two of you on your blog.

    All our best,

    Kelly, Eric & the kids

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, what a great time you both had celebrating her first famiy Thanksgiving event. I wonder if he little mind thinks it is weird to be with a bunch of people who oooooh and awe over everything she does?? I know that she can feel the tremendous love that springs forth from all your family members. Did she wrap your Dad around her little finger? It's hard to believe goign from a bottle only to Costco pizza, turkey and mashed potatoes within a 3-4 week period! My how she has grown. How many pounds has she gained since she left the orphanage?Is she going to jump in and experience Gingerbread Day on December 9th! That you must take pics of and post for everyone to see--if she is brave enough to face the madding crowd that day! Can't wait to see you both tomorrow! Those kisses, hugs and prayers keep rolling on for both of you!

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger t~ said…

    She's a girl after my own heart!

    She is growing and changing every day with your love. Amazing to see your relationship grow. My heart swells with joy every single time I click on your blog. Your story is truly an inspiration to so many.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home