cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Swing


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


So many people have said before that if you adopt a toddler there will still be many firsts. I can't tell you how true this is! Everything we do is a first and it is thrilling and delightful to watch her experience it. At the park she patted a sweet dog for the first time. She stepped in sand for the first time. Everything she has eaten and every little game and tickle we've made up, they are all firsts for her. I am loving every moment and feel that my heart is just bursting with joy. I've never experienced so much love and happiness.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    Love it! It'll be months before it's warm enough here to put Katie in a swing outside, so we're jealous.

    I cannot fathom how you keep bows in ZZ's hair. Katie's record is about 15 minutes. Usually, though it's about 15 seconds. Lucky you.

    Our little monkey girl now has a fat lip, and her first bloodshed (compliments of one of her own pearly whites). She's a Buth kid now, the blood didn't even phase me!

    We love watching ZZ get acclimated, and smile at the genuine love in your words as you write them. God is good!

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    She's just taking it all in, isn't she! I can only imagine how thrilled you must be to share these moments with her.

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Life gets no sweeter!

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger Meg said…

    Thank you for reminding me of this! I've been feeling a little sorry for myself that my daughter is getting older and I'm missing all of her firsts.....but you are right- there are so many to share! and even if she's done them before- they'll be firsts with me! Thank you- I've really enjoyed reading your journey....ZZ is adorable!
    Meg

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just as being a Mom is a first for you, being a daughter is a first for her. What a lovely thing to be able to share with each other! Life is made up of firsts--even when you get older, they will happen. It's just that more of them happen when you are younger--like the first word, the first step, the first smile, the first giggle, the first "I love you Mommy!" I am so glad you took the journey to China & picked up ZZ--this was a big first for you! Keep having those firsts & document them all. Lots of Love, Kisses and Prayers to both of the "First Girls"!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home