cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Jet Lag Hits

At church with Auntie. Wow, not only a mommy and a Lao Lao, but an Auntie too!









Okay, I spoke too soon. Last night around 12:30 I was finally ready to go to sleep, but that is when Zhuozhuo woke up. I tended to her until 2:30 and then my mom took over but we all stayed up until 4:30. At 3:30 I had a whole 2nd Mexican dinner. We kept ZZ in her room and in the dark but held her and talked quietly. It was so hard to get up and wake her up at 8:30. We both had circles under our eyes at church. I let her nap from 2:00-4:30 and let myself sleep for 1 and 1/2 hr. It was even harder to wake up this time. We tried to go for a walk, take baths, etc. Anything to keep her awake until 8:30. I am getting ready to take a Tylenol PM and mom is going to sleep on the floor in ZZ's room so I can sleep. We have our big Dr's appt in the morning.

Happy in the nursery because I have my container of Gerber Fruit Puffs and a mirror to look at myself in.

All things considered I think she did great at church!







With mommy, waving to my friends.













We came home to fun signs!

11 Comments:

  • At 3:20 AM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Whew boy- that jet lag sounds ROUGH! I'm already dreading it myself. Hope things go great today at the Dr's appointment and that all of you feel back to par real soon!

     
  • At 3:21 AM, Blogger dawn said…

    Zhouzhou, is just showing you who is the boss now! Sleep will sort itself out in the meantime it is ugly. But how ugly can things be with that little cutie!

     
  • At 3:56 AM, Blogger Joanne said…

    Yeah, you're home! What a gorgeous girl you have!!! You are beaming in the picture with the two of you...congratulations and I hope the jet lag plays itself out REAL SOON...hang in there!

     
  • At 4:56 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Hang in there, the sleep thing gets better everyday! Welcome home.

     
  • At 5:24 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Whew! Hopefully the drag won't last long.

    I love Abbey's little outfit :0)

     
  • At 5:38 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Wow! You're getting back into the swing of things!

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger Thumbelina's Mom said…

    She has such a pretty smile! Welcome Home.

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Angel said…

    The jet lag will kick your rear wont' it? It took Gracie 4 days to get on our schedule.

    Good luck at the doctor.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Christi, I remember those first few weeks home all too well...Be easy on yourself, sleep when you can and remember that it WILL get better. Welcome home!

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    Welcome Home! Hope you guys are on a regular schedule soon. :=O

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You didn't think just because you had to go get her in China that you would get any more sleep than any other new mom did you? lol Welcome to motherhood!!!!! We are so glad you are home and can't wait to meet ZZ.
    Hugs,
    Michelle, Courtney, and Greg

     

Post a Comment

<< Home