cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Send Off Prayers


Today my wonderful church family prayed me off and on my way! My two main prayer requests are:
- for my brother and I and Abbey to all stay well for the trip
- for Abbey to "know" me as her mom and feel safe


It was awesome. It makes me laugh to think that the social worker wanted to know if I had a support system. I have a support army! My dear BIL, Bob, is my pastor and he shared a little with everyone about being sensitive to the transitions that Abbey and I will be going through. I shared Psalm 27:10 "Even if my mother and father abandon me, the Lord will hold me close." I just know that God has been with Abbey and watching over her from before she was born.
After church a group of really powerful ladies took me aside and prayed again. These were definitely the kind of prayers that "avail much". They literally stormed the gates of heaven and prayed so many wonderful things for Abbey and I. It was one of the most amazing times in prayer of my whole life. I feel so strengthened and empowered to go out now.


"Now this is the confidence we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions we have asked of Him." 1 John 5:14-15

13 Comments:

  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger OziMum said…

    AWesome! What a great BIL! Making sure everyone gives you a bit of space when you get home with the beautiful Abbey!

    Travel safe!

     
  • At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That gave me chills ....now you are all ready to go!!! :)

     
  • At 5:04 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Wonderful. You are fortified and so ready to have Ms. Abbey in your arms!

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Have a wonderful trip, I'll be following your journey!

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    I'm verklempt! What a wonderful way to be sent off on this great adventure!

    Many blessings to you, Christi!

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger Tao's Mommy said…

    What a wonderful day you had!!!Christi I hope you have safe travels and I cannot wait for you to have Abbey in your arms!! I have been following your journey for months and I sure will be checking in once your in China!!

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Elise said…

    What an awesome church family! What a wonderful blessing!

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Christi,
    I've been following everything on this site. You and Gene and Abby have been and will be in my prayers. This is such an exciting time with great blessings ahead for all. I hope we get some Christmas time with you this year.
    God bless and love you,
    Debbie and family

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    How incredible- I got goosebumps seeing your uplifted hand in the picture and imagining your uplifted heart! God bless Christy!

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Christi,
    You are about to embark in the journey of a lifetime! Our thoughts and prayers go with you. We can't wait to see little Abbey in your arms!

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God bless you on this most precious journey!

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Your in my prayers too Chisti, I love your faith.
    3 John 2,3,4
    Blessings
    *HUGABUGS*

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger dawn said…

    Wow.....very very touching. Now go already. I cant take anymore goose bumps from your site!I keep getting teary eyed, it is going to take a whole box of tissues by the time I see you with you daughter!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home