cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Refreshment

This is beautiful Pismo Beach from whence I've just returned. I attended a leadership conference with a team of people from my church. It was very hard to get away in the midst of parent conferences and everything I need to do to get ready for China, but I just knew that I needed to press through and have this time away for spiritual renewal. It was as awesome as I had hoped it would be. The worship, teaching, and time with others were a huge deposit into my spirit and that is just what I was hoping for before I embark on my journey. I hope that all that needs to be accomplished this week will be, and that I will just let go of the other things.

12 Comments:

  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger RoLo said…

    It looks gorgeous. I am sure that the week ahead will be a good one and that everything will fall into place.

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    I love Pismo Beach! I'm glad you were able to get away and be renewed.

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    I'm glad you had that opportunity to re-charge!

    I'm thinking of you often and am so looking forward of following your journey to Abbey.

    Hugs to you!

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Christi,

    That sounds so nice. My husband and I went to San Diego last weekend and relaxed before China. Something about the beach/water that is so calming!

    I am back at getting things ready and feeling mighty jittery about everything. I am really excited also!

    Nanette

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I looove Pismo Beach. Hubby and I try to get away there at least once a year.

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Mardi said…

    I'm just found your site and am excited to follow you on your journey to China soon! :)

    I'm glad you were able to get away and relax before everthing gets really busy for you soon. :)

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger OziMum said…

    Amazing! Nothing like recharging the batteries (whether spirit or soul!)

    Hope you're feeling better, you poor thing!

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    Sometimes the best preparations is a little downtime to renew and rejuvenate. Glad you took that time!!!

    Lisa

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    So glad you got a chance to refresh your spirit- the past few week really have been challenging ones for you. Oh wow, I can't believe you leave in one week!

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger dawn said…

    I think that was just what you needed and now you can just let go and embark on the journey of a lifetime.
    I wish this week would hurry up and pass by!

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger t~ said…

    Very happy for you and the opportunity that you had to be renewed, refreshed and recharged.

    Abbey day is right around the corner!

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We are so glad that you took time for you! One last mini vacation before becoming a mommy. It is so awesome that Abbey will be with her mommy soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home