cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Mama's Wish, Daughter's Wish


I just wanted to share my favorite adoption picture book. My friend Teresa gave me Mama's Wish, Daughter's Wish early on in my journey and I just love it. The book has two stories, one starts on the front cover and the other on the back. The first one is told by the mama who is wishing for a baby and the other is told by the baby wishing for her mama. Each page has a red ribbon running through it with the Mandarin translation. I love the illustrations.

This one shows the CCAA worker rejoicing over having matched mama and daughter.







This one is of the mama with copies of her referral picture plastered all over her house and she is laying on the couch staring at it. This is SO how it really is!















Right now you can order this book and a portion of the proceeds will go to China Care, a wonderful organization helping children in orphanages.

I love this book!!!!!!!!!

14 Comments:

  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I am so glad you like it. After I read it, it seemed like a perfect "match" for you. Soon, the rest of the story will be told when you bring her home.

    Teresa

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    :0) That was a quick and easy order!

     
  • At 6:46 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    What a sweet book! Thanks for telling us about it!

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Angel said…

    I'm so excited, I just ordered the book!

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm thinking someone needs to set up a camera for documenting on YouTube the actual matching of babies with their CCAA picked adoptive mommies. Let's get those CCAA celebrations in real time rather than just as artist renderings.
    And you should see what the new Aunties do behind closed doors.
    Cynthia

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks great! I ordered one.

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I just ordered mine. It's in honor of Abbey! Thanks for telling me about it. -Dale

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Special K said…

    I'm heading there next to place an order. Looks like a really cool book.

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just ordered one :) Thanks for sharing!!! Hope you are feeling much better!!!

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    maclean and shauna,
    I can't click through to reach you all. If you click on the pink words China Care in my post it will take you to the page. Their is a box on the right side of the page that talks about the book and you click on it. Hope that helps.

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    Christi,

    Thanks for the recommendation. I love, love, love children's books, and little Katie certainly will have her pick of favorites for reading time! thanks for the link!

    Kelly in Michigan

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger Tamara said…

    I have this book. Alexis and I read it often and she's writing a third chapter "Big Sister's wish" anther book we liked from the libraray is "The red blanket." Have you seen it?

     
  • At 5:53 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    This is one of our favorite books too becasue it has BOTH of our stories!

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've seen this book a lot and now I finally ordered it after your recommendations. Can't wait till it comes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home