cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

From the Heart

Well I am feeling very loved and supported tonight. I am amazed at the network of friends waiting for my dear daughter. To think that this little sweetie is sitting in an orphanage with no clue that a huge audience is awaiting her appearance! After opening the two packages from Donna and Selima I opened a card with a lovely poem from the mom of one of my former students.

"As you begin one of life's new journeys
and cross the wide blue sea,
You'll come across a child
You will soon know as Abbey.
And when you've reached
Your point of destination,
Your heart will fill anew.
For now you have a child,
And that child has been
blessed with you."

Thank you Linda and Kimberly! I can't wait for her to meet the two of you.

8 Comments:

  • At 5:11 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    How very thoughtful! I love the poem.

     
  • At 6:14 AM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    Beautiful. Lucky Abbey. Lucky Christi!

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Catherine said…

    What a beautiful poem!

    Praying for you as you prepare to travel and meet Abbey next week! So very excited for you!

    The shirt with Abbey's picture is such a great gift! What a thoughtful person!

    Blessings and prayers, Catherine

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    What a beautiful poem.

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger t~ said…

    I have tears rolling down my cheeks just catching up on your blog. The gifts, the poem, the bracelet, the packing, your thoughts of Abbey in your home, the famiy and friends waiting for her, it is an overwhelming excitement for those who don't even know you. Blessed is all I can say.

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger RoLo said…

    You have such special friends in your life, the poem and gift are beautiful.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well i personally cant wait

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Christi, I have been following your blog and I think I've seen you now and then on the MSN group--I just wanted to write and tell you that Abbey Zhuo Zhuo has touched my heart and I can't wait to hear the wonderful news that she is finally with her Mommy. It won't be long now!
    Marcy (mom to Estella, Jiangxi adopted 6/12/06)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home