cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Finding Happiness

Now for my favorite reading material...
As you may remember, Love's Journey, from Love Without Boundaries is my favorite adoption book, but this is my runner up. I am reading it for the second time after having loaned it to a couple of friends. There are 29 different stories of single mothers who have adopted from China. It is simply amazing to hear their heartwarming stories. I feel so much better prepared for my trip because of all that they shared. If you are a single mom adopting from China it is a must read. I would loan you mine but it's about to fall apart from over use. If you don't read much or are very busy it's perfect because you can just read a story before bed or waiting for an appointment. They are short but wonderful!
Lots of resources are included.
Contact Our Chinese Daughters Foundation to order.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    I'll be checking that one out for sure!

     
  • At 5:33 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Thanks for the book ideas. I'm wanting both of your most recent recommendations!

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Jacquie said…

    Christi, can you email me privately - I would like to ask you a question about your upcoming trip to China - we just received our translated referral information and our daughter has a hernia - just wondering if you tried expediting your trip to China?? - Thanks, Jacquie (julydragonflies)

     
  • At 5:49 AM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Thanks for the book suggestion. I will definately pick this one up- I am still trying to glean as much info as possible before I travel (hopefully SOON)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home