cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Got Trouble?

While getting dressed for work this morning my whole downstairs flooded. Evidently the water valve in the washing machine malfunctioned. I came downstairs to get something out of the dryer to find myself ankle deep in water.
The good news is that I called my brother in law Bob and my friend Scott and they were out at Starbucks having coffee and came right away. Scott is a pastor in training but he also has a professional cleaning company. Yesterday he got a call for a similar emergency but it was too late and the people had already gotten someone else, if he would have gotten committed to that all his equipment would have been tied up and he would have been unable to help me. As it was he had all his stuff - water vaccum, dehumidifiers, and fans. We caught it so soon that he thinks everything can be saved. Since I already called in a sub I am going to use this time to go get a new washer. I am just amazed that right when I needed help, the perfect help was there.
Thank you God!
No news on Miss Abbey yet. Still waiting for approval through the proper channels to get her help.

11 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a wonderful team spirit!! God is so good in the big & little things!!

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your readers all think it frees up your time to blog all day. No?!

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Julia said…

    What a nightmare, but in turn - what a lifesaver that he was there with the equipment that you needed. I hope it all dries out quickly. At least Abbey isn't home yet and you don't have to worry about a toddler running around with everything out of place.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Special K said…

    Oh boy! What a mess!

    But you have a great attitude about it. Keep your chin up. These are all just tests. And you're right... you are tough!

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Looks like you are doing a great job of not sweating the comparatively small stuff.

    Just another message that there is always help for you when you reach out. Glad they were able to swoop in quickly and get things back to normal in the homestead.

    Thinking of you!

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Catherine said…

    Sorry to hear of your flood. :o(

    Isn't it just like God to provide for you even before you knew? So thankful you BIL and his equipment were available.

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    Oh, my goodness! You are going to be one tough broad when you get through all of this. ;-)

    I hope you will do something really nice for yourself this weekend. You deserve some pampering.

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said…

    What a wonderful attitude you have. Perspective is such an important thing and you have it.

    I wish you well on your journey to your daughter.

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Just have to add my 2 cents about a washer. I've been through 3 in 2 years. I just got a Fisher Paykel and LOVE it- it replaced a Maytag and Whirlpool, and is supposed to be the most energy efficient one around! Happy shopping.

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger dawn said…

    Hmmm....if this is a test you pass with flying colours!
    By the time Abbey comes home nothing will faze you. She will have the coolest mummy ever.

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ohmygawd. I am sorry you are having to deal with this. When it rains, it pours.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home