cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Monday, August 21, 2006

Ten

Can you hear the click, click, click as we head up the last and biggest hill on the referral rollercoaster? The anticipation is definitely building for the July Dragonflies. I usually get excited and a little nervous before school starts, so this should be interesting with the two converging. I go back to start getting my classroom ready this week, teacher's meetings begin next Monday, and the children return next Wednesday. We should begin hearing about referrals by the end of this week and then they will probably start coming in the middle of everything else. It's such a wild ride!
I am so excited about this Hip Hammock. Martha, our school's speech therapist, got it for me. I feel that it is the right fit for my body and will be the most comfortable way for me to carry my baby. Since I began the adoption process a year and a half ago I began working out with weights to prepare for carrying her around China. At the same time I began uphill walks to get ready for

the Great Wall. Bring it on!

I don't have this Baby Sherpa backpack yet, I am considering buying it to celebrate my referral. I need a good pack for China and I am thrilled that Angel has informed me that we can take a carry-on and a backpack. That will help with packing so much. I like all the organizing pockets and features on this one. If any of you have personal knowledge or experience with the Sherpa's please let me know.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a neat backpack...and I did not know that you could take a backpack AND a carry-on (thank Angel!) I have the Land's End baby diaper/backpack...and LOVE it! I even got Madison's name embroidered on it! :)

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    That is a neat backpack! I like the hip hammock, too.

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Loving the Sherpa....eBay is calling me ;0)

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the hip hammock. I took it to China twice and it served me and my back well....I can't believe that soon you will be counting down in single digits!!!!

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Special K said…

    Let us know how the Hip Hammock works out for ya. I've been eyeing one of those myself.

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    Very cool backpack! Thanks for sharing! Hang in there your almost there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home