cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Halfway There


Today is August 16 and since there are 31 days we are now turning the corner and are halfway there.










Here are a couple of books I have to share Chinese New Year with Abbey. This one is by Karen Katz and it goes through some of the basic traditions at a preschool level. I love the bright collage illustrations.











Chopsticks, by Jon Berkeley, is a very cute tale about a mouse at a restaurant in Hong Kong. On CNY, in the light of the moon, a carved wooden dragon comes to life and flies Chopsticks on his back over the city landscapes.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    I love you daily countdown and just can't wait for you to get your referral!

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger 4D said…

    Those are so cute! I am heading to Amazon to add them to my wish list!

    Love the countdown. Right here with ya!

    Keep smilin!

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Elise said…

    Yeah half way there!!! Love those books too, I have not seen those before, I will have to buy those for Grace. Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger A said…

    I check your blog daily for the new countdown number. It is so exciting to follow you on your last month of your wait. I can't wait to see your daughter.

    Amy

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    We love My First Chinese New Year and all Karen Katz books for that matter. She's wonderful!

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Abbey is going to have the world's greatest little library. Thanks for sharing those so we can get copies for our girls too!

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am just loving this countdown, Christi! Great book selection. Jazzie loves My first Chinese New Year!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home