cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, August 13, 2006

18 Days!

I have such mixed feelings as August creeps by. On the one hand I am counting the days until I get my referral, on the other I am watching the end of summer break slip past me. There is so much I still want to accomplish. Last night I went out to the garage to get some dryer softener sheets and ended up spending hours out there starting to clean the whole thing out. Somehow that had kept falling to the bottom of my summer "to do" list. You know how a big cleaning project can get worse before it gets better? Well trust me, it's worse! I do not know how or why I have a accumulated all this stuff. It is out of control! The Christmas section expecially. I am definitely in purge mode. It could be because leading up to going out to the garage I had been watching Clean House. I love that show and I just want to yell to people agonizing over their junk, "Let it go!" Well now I am saying that to myself. There are so many things that I save because I might need them. Do you save boxes that things come in case they ever need to be returned or because you might resell them? I save all these boxes but I never resell things, I always just give them away. Well, stuff has got to go. Goodbye to my old life, hello parenting!

Angel, here is the dollhouse bookshelf now in Abbey's room. These are only her board books, and she has more in baskets downstairs. I'm not getting out any regular books until she's older. At some point I will show the whole room, but I still need to do the wall art.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    I know what you mean about summer vacation coming to an end. My patio room still isn't finished - the painter has broken two appointments to come out and give me a quote for the work. I really wanted to have that room done by the time I went back to school.

    Oh, well...

    It seems like it was just a few weeks ago we met up at The Grove for lunch.

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Clean on, girl! I know what you mean about the boxes ;0) I think I have boxes for things I don't own anymore.

    Love the bookcase!

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Angel said…

    I'm really enjoying your daily countdown. I've been on a cleaning venture. I've been donating stuff right and left. I'm leaving the garage for the guys.

    I love the bookcase!

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Adorable bookcase Christi!

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Kim :) said…

    The bookcase is so cute!! I love it!!

    Our summer is over in Alabama... we are already "back at school"! Enjoy your last days...

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Paulette said…

    I too know what you mean about the summer slipping by. I have one more week to get everything done. Check out the post I put up on my blog today. I just could not stop thinking of you...

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is a beautiful book case. Happy Cleaning - it will make for a productive 17 days:)))

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Beeb said…

    I'm thrilled to have happened upon your blog. I can't wait to watch you get your referral.
    I have such big plans of purging adn cleaning and unfortunately have much more than 18 days to do it. Good luck with that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home