cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Sunday, August 20, 2006

13 Month Anniversary

As of today my paperwork has been logged into China for 13 months. Since I told so many people that I would get my referral last January (at the time there was a 6 month turn around), I am not sure that everyone believes me now. But they do know I am happy and confident that I am getting a baby, so they just let me be.
Yesterday I had the priviledge of meeting with a friend who I met at the beginning of my journey. Laura and I attended an adoption seminar in February of 2005. I had been praying and considering adopting for two years. In December of 2004 I really began researching agencies and the minute I clicked on the website for Great Wall China Adoptions a little bell started ringing in my heart and I knew that this was the path that led to my daughter. Their singles slots had just been assigned for the next year. They had recieved 300 essay applications in November and had choosen 100 single ladies from that group. I decided to gear up for applying the next year and headed to this meeting. It was really pouring rain that day and the meeting was a long drive away. I remember thinking that I was really afraid to drive in the storm and then the thought hit me, "If you are thinking you can fly to China to get your baby then you can definitely drive through this rain!" After the meeting concluded both Laura and I stayed after and took turns meeting with one of the coordinators. It so happened that two of the singles choosen for the slots had to drop out of the process. If Laura and I faxed in our paperwork right away we would both be considered. Writing the check and signing the agreements was the scariest thing I have ever done. For 3 days I felt that I was jumping out of an airplane. I pressed through the fear and have never questioned my choices again. Laura also got a slot and we've been able to each drive 1/2 way and meet a couple of times (we live 1 hour and 45 minutes apart - if there is no traffic). It was really encouraging to see her again and reflect back over the past year and a half since we met. I so admire her and I am thrilled for her daughter who will be one very blessed little girl. The day we left that meeting the light broke through and I drove home with huge multiple rainbows in my view all along the way, it was awesome! I am so amazed still that I got that slot. It wouldn't have happened unless I went to that meeting, and at the time I thought there were no opennings available for another year. Sometimes we don't know what small key will open a huge doorway into our future.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Angel said…

    Isn't it amazing, the turns our lives take. We're in for a wild ride.

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Great story. The small things that lead to some of the most awesome events of our lives are really amazing!

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger Paulette said…

    When I found my single slot I had 2 weeks to make my decision and get my application in. There was not turning back. You just know when things are right. God has blessed you through this process and his hand shines on everything that has and will to come.

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Sounds like this was definately meant to be- especially the rainbow- thanks for sharing this awesome story.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home