cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Surprise

I got a surprise phone call from Ruby Cate's mommy today! I had sent her a card to thank her for the darling fabric she sent for Abbey's quilt (along with little Ruby's handprint), and she called just to say thanks for the thank-you card. It's so fun to connect with people in the "real world". Our daughters are bringing so many wonderful people into our lives.
I took the oppourtuntity to ask her an important question. I knew she bought Ruby an extra Bear in case the original ever got lost or was being washed. As it turns out they now have SEVEN bears and the one who went to China is now tucked away in a safe place. Real moms know to buy duplicates of these important items.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    The trick is to constantly recycle them & wash each one as it gets dirty so that they ALL AGE AT THE SAME RATE... cuz if your child has a 'much loved friend' & one day you try to give them a 'new' friend, they'll know that "hey, that's not my friend, that friend is new... my friend is LOVED' etc. =)

    Just food for thought. =)

    -Amy & Ruby Cate (& Bear too...)

     
  • At 5:16 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Ah...the momma tricks of the trade. I've seen a number of beloved 'blankies' split in two so one half can be washed at a time. THIS would simply not work with a bear!

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    With my friend's second child, they simply made his "blankie" a burp rag (the cloth diapers) and gave him another one when they washed the first one. Not as special, but it worked!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home