cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Fourth of July!














I am so thankful to live in the USA and I'm grateful for those who have fought for the freedom I live in.

My country tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing.
Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrims pride,
From every mountainside,
Let freedom ring!

Would you believe that my class recites the Pledge of Allegiance everyday? Yes, one of the few classes that still does that. In the spring I taught my class America the Beautiful and one little girl asked me if they could sing it every day after the pledge. We did, and they never let me forget. It was so cute too that sometimes they would be working and would just spontaneously start singing it. We had a picture book that goes with the words, and it was their favorite book in the classroom. My very diverse little group was quite patriotic. Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    We say the pledge every day, too! On Mondays the principal has students meet her in the office and they lead the whole school in the pledge through the intercom, and then we all sing a patriotic song. I can't believe there are elementary school teachers who don't take time for the pledge!

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Happy Fourth to you as well! Enjoy :o)

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How precious!! We said the pledge...but didn't sing. I know it was so sweet to hear their little voices! Happy 4th to you!!

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    Happy 4th!!!!

    Lisa

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep up the good work » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home