cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Princess Baby Mulan

Well, since I mentioned it I decided I better post a picture too. This doll is just the cutest things ever! If she doesn't play with it I will. Bring on the tea parties!
And speaking of Mulan...At my parent/child Mandarian class there were several gorgeous Chinese moms. My instructor had mentioned to me that one of them was an actress and I thought "yeah, just like so many people in LA are actresses."
Well, a few weeks after my class ended I was watching the Style channel with a show about celebrity moms and it dawned on me that the commentator was a mom from my class. I googled Ming-Na and found that she starred in the Joy Luck Club (which I love) and had been the voice for the Mulan movies. She really is an actress!! Another positive role model for my daughter too. Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

  • At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, that's interesting she was in there. She was on ER when I used to watch it and I could have sworn she was speaking in Chinese on one of the episodes. Maybe she just memorized it. I did love her in Mulan!

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    I liked Ming-Na when she was on ER, too. Both of these dollies are really cute!

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Just Us Girls said…

    I love Mulan!! I have never seen the doll that you have bought.

    If you dont mind me asking, where did you find her? She is adorable!!

    Mya daughter has a Mulan Barbie but she is still too young to play with it but LOVES baby dolls.

    I have watched both Mulan movies and like them both.

    Sweet doll you have.
    Carrie

     
  • At 4:40 AM, Blogger Tamara said…

    I got this baby doll for Miya at Christmas- I had to go to 3 stores to find her but it was worth it, I agree with you, she is one of the prettiest Asain dolls I've seen. That is so cool about Ming-Na being in your class!

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    CUTE!! Look at those Eyes!!

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh...and the Princess Mulan doll smells like baby powder, too! Your little girl will LOVE her!

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Love the doll and your daughter will too!

    Ming Na was great on ER..yep, seems we ALL remember her there. I also loved Joy Luck Club.

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    I remember Ming-Na from way back in the day on As the World Turns. I loved her on ER too.

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi, where am I able to buy this doll for my daughter?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home