cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Mirrors and Windows

Since I began this journey I have had a strong sense of wanting to provide my daughter with reflections of her ethnicity in her surroundings. The best would be Chinese friends, teachers, and mentors, but I also want her to see faces like hers in her books and toys. As pointed out in a booklet from PACT, our children need mirrors and windows. The mirrors are insights into others who share their ethnic and cultural background. The windows are the opportunities to learn about other ethnicities and cultures. It was very important to me that my daughter have a doll with almond eyes and dark hair. But I also want her to know that it's fine if she loves a baby doll with blonde hair and blue eyes too. I always thought this Fisher Price asian doll was really sweet, but then found out through Tiffany that she was on sale for $5 at Amazon! Since Bobbi and Stephe are loading up on dolls, I figured I would too. This baby will be in addition to the Disney Baby Princess Mulan, which is the cutest asian baby doll ever! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just can't resist those precious Asian baby dolls! Madison doesn't have this Fisher Price one *yet*.......:)

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    Isn't this such a cute baby doll? I'm hoping to give it to Eliza for Christmas!

    Tiffany

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Both of these dolls are really cute. I'll have to pick them up for Jillian.

    I also bought a cute little "my first doll" from ChinaSprout. It's really cute.

    I hope she likes dolls!

    Heather

     

Post a Comment

<< Home