cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Monday, June 19, 2006

It's a Small World

Today I was treated to a lovely lunch with fellow blogger Joannah. It was wonderful to meet another courageous woman who is walking the same pathway. We are both teachers and share our faith and our love for our future Chinese daughters. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory (yum) and shopped at Pottery Barn Kids, Janie and Jack, and the American Girl doll store.
Sadly, I missed a call from Citizenship and Immigration about getting refingerprinted and Joannah arrived two minutes late to the Chinese consulate where she was picking up all her papers and they closed. Aaah, such is life.
Now here is my VERY small world story.
I recently emailed Heather from SAC (single adopt china) who posted that she was in my state. I told her where I was and got an email back that she was in my town. We met for coffee and it turns out that we live in the same housing complex!! She was just beginning her paperchase but found a waiting child and will be going to China soon. She and Joannah are both naming their daughters Jillian. Tonight I am meeting with her to watch a video from her daughter's province that she got from Research China. I am also going to see her new nursery furniture, yea! Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    Wow! Small world is right. You are getting to meet face-to-face with so many of these wonderful women in the adoption community. How cool is that?

    I'd love to find someone in my neighborhood. But, I have found another single China momma-to-be not all so far away and I'm looking forward to a margarita night with her!

    Enjoy your evening.

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have fun with your get together:)

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oohhhh...how neat!!! It is so special to meet up with "wating" friends who know just what you are going through! Won't it be great to share referral excitement with all of those friends....even the ones we have not met! :)

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You two are so cute!

    And how awesome you have someone so close to share this journey with!

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    I had so much fun yesterday. :-)

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Angel said…

    Isn't it amazing, the friends you meet through this process?

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Paulette said…

    When you undertake something as big as international adoption your support system needs to be word wide or in this case around the corner. I hope our paths cross someday too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home