cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Friday, June 16, 2006

Dr. Jane Aronson

I was laughing this week over an article in People Magazine with Angelina and Brad's new baby stating that Dr. Aronson was a good friend of theirs. It turns out that Dr. A has been the pediatrician for Maddox and Zahara but there relationship has grown into a friendship that includes play dates with their children. I LOVE Dr. Aronson. I heard her speak at the East Meets West conference on Chinese adoption. She was absolutely fascinating. She gave us so much helpful information about the medical needs of babies adopted from China. I was so impressed with her as a person and how adopting her own children led her into a whole new profession of orphan expertise. Check her out at Orphan Doctor.
When I went to meet with my own pediatrician who has quite a bit of experience in international adoption I brought him an article from her website. I was then a little embarrassed when he mentioned that he had read everything on her website but would be happy to look over what I had brought. This is pretty typical for me, trying to bring articles for the Dr. to read - it's embarrassing! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger Paulette said…

    I would call you an educated parent or patent they’re of. It's important to be an advocate from the get go.

     
  • At 6:00 AM, Blogger C's Mom said…

    I've read many things on Dr. A too.

    Being in OH, I feel SO fortunate to have a very well-published and fantastic IA focused ped within 10 miutes of me. As a bonus, her girls were born in China.

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    You are so well-informed! I love that you have sought out so much information about this experience.

    I'm really looking forward to Monday! I'll give you a ring today. Really, I will!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home