cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Friday, May 19, 2006

Froggie's Escape

My adorable 11 yr. old niece has a nice assortment of tadpoles, frogs, and lizards stashed in various containers around her garage. This week she gave me tadpoles at various stages and a tiny frog for my classroom. She tried to give me a big frog, but I was overwhelmed with the idea of picking him up so I stuck with the little one only. The cute little frog was Thumbelina. She only lasted one day. I have no idea how she got out or where she went. I am afraid that she could have jumped in with the silkworms I have on the same table. If you could see the silkworm situation you would know why I don't want to dig through all the chewed up mulberry leaves to try to find her. Let me tell you, the children were not one bit happy that she was gone. Come back froggie! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We have 2 tadpoles in our classroom......I think they are gong to *stay* tadpoles forever!! (very slow "changers"!) :) Actually they have tee tiny little back legs.....but with only 10 days left of school, I do not think the children will ever see them as frogs! :)

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I know that bull frog tadpoles take forever!!! My son had one for a year before it finally got little teeny legs...

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said…

    Good luck with finding the frog (if you can and good luck with your trip when you time comes)
    Take care
    Felicity

     

Post a Comment

<< Home