cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Saturday, April 15, 2006

My Chinese Cooking Instructor

This is my dear friend Rebecca. She made the lovely invitations for my shower, the party favors, the almond cookies, organized all the games and the group gift, and so much more! Anway, yesterday we spent all afternoon cooking together. She taught me how to make wontons, dumplings, egg rolls, spicy peanut chicken, and ginger soy chicken. It was so much fun! I had been intimidated to try some of these things on my own but now I will feel very comfortable when Abbey and I want to cook for CNY and other special times. Rebecca even gave me her Chinese cookbook (she doesn't need recipes to follow). The food was very yummy. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Joannah said…

    I hope you'll share some of those recipes! ;-)

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    Wow, how does she know how to make all the good stuff? You'll have to post some recipes for us.

    Donna :)

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    you know, she could make a nice little income from doing that. I know I (and probably alot of other adoptive families) would pay to have her come over for a day of cooking lessons....It might help ease the transition to have some of their familiar foods..Lord knows I have no idea how to make any chinese dishes....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home