cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Thursday, March 30, 2006

While We Wait

As many of us wait for our daughters from China we sometimes need encouragement to keep our eyes on the prize. If you have not read The Waiting Child, you simply must. You will bawl your eyes out and your heart will be filled with love, joy, and compassion. I have heard Cindy Campnella speak at an adoption conference and was so captivated by her daughter's story. It's adoption from China from a child's perspective and it is truly amazing to hear this family's experiences. You can buy the book at Amazon. (All the money from the book goes to Half the Sky Foundation). It was one of those books that you can't put down, I read it straight through!
You can listen to a wonderful interview with the author on Let's Talk Adoption. I've listened to it several times and I am always so riveted to Cindy's words. Once you are on the site go into Show Archives then click on International and then scroll to The Waiting Child. This message is unforgettable. Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Nina said…

    I was browsing at Barnes & Noble, picked up that book and read it right there in the bookstore. I literally could not put it down. It's such a heart-warming, incredible story.

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    I borrowed this book from a friend, loved it and had to have it..... Bought it and now it has made the rounds to countless of other people... Knowledge is everything.... the more people who are aware, the better for our world's children.

    Lisa

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    I LOVE this book. It was one of the first books I read as I was deciding to adopt. What a tear jerker...I couldn't put it down.

    Tiffany

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    That is a great book! All the women in my family read it long before I decided to adopt. When I made my decision they told me I had to read it, too. I cried all the way through!

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Abby's Mom said…

    This book is one of my favorites that I have read and reread severals times. It leaves you with such a warm feeling!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home