cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Monday, February 27, 2006

Inn of the Sixth Happiness

I love this old movie with Ingrid Bergman. She plays Gladys Aylward, the English missionary who went to China and rescued 100's of children. I love the strength of her character and her sense of social justice for women. She became the foot "unbinder" and freed many women from this painful tradition. She adopts an abandoned baby girl who she names Six Pence (that's how much she pays for her), and that child is the first of scores to follow. I highly recommend it with a cup of hot tea! Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Lisa and Tate said…

    I will be renting it soon... I will see if the library has it or I just might have to do a search... I have never heard of it.... I will take your word!!!

    Lisa

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Joannah said…

    I really enjoy your book (and now movie) recommendations. I look forward to having some time to check them out soon!

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Thanks for the movie recommendation - I'll have to go hunt this one down. However did you find it?

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Nina said…

    As far as I'm concerned, anything with Katherine Hepburn in it makes it automatically go to the top of the list. I've never heard of this one, though - thanks for the recommendation!

    Nina

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    just found your blog...we watched this movie shortly after we had our LID for our daughter (11/19/04). We fell in love with this movie and what this wonderful lady and her love for the Chinese. Since our LID is one of the dates she got the children to safety... Jen-Ai is one of our daughters middle names (as well as her Chinese given name). I love your blog!! Best wishes. Jeanette

     

Post a Comment

<< Home