cherry blossom baby

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12 Join the joyous journey to my baby in China!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Currently Reading...

This book has been a little tough so far. It comes very highly recommended as the leading book on bonding and attachment. It's just sad to read about the more difficult cases and hear what children and parents go through. Even though I am reading this for my daughter and I, I keep thinking of children in my school who are dealing with some of these issues. Many have suggested that although most children adopted from China do very well over time, it is good to know the signs for children who may have problems. There is a spectrum as to the gravity of attachment disorders and most of the parents I hear from are dealing with relatively minor adjustments, but it is important to know what is going on and why. Being abandoned is a pretty big thing to deal with. I am so thankful for the encouragement of the on-line world that lets me get a peek into the lives of so many happy families who feel that adopting their child was the best decision they ever made. And I love seeing all the smiling and laughing children who love their mommies and daddies. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home